Good place for an easy 20 midlands?

I know it's a silly question but any tips for a good carp lake in the midlands where I can bank a high double lower twenty on a day ticket please.

its not such a silly question ,when its probably very commonly asked.

but i cant help you for that area. but dont get into the numbers game, it takes the fun out of it :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks I know there's no such thing as an easy fish should have said better chance lol Ive just started up and desperate to catch a twenty only had 11ld 5oz got the bug bad lol

You've only got a PB of 11lb and got the bug, then don't take the fun out of it and start pushing too far and too fast. :wink::!:

Learn the waters you are fishing, and get experience of those waters and fish. From that you will gain far more and better knowledge and have more fun than just trying to get another set of numbers. I know that you have opened up other threads asking how to fish, or "bemoaning" blanks, as of yet, don't bear a grudge or think me mean, but I don't think that you have the knowledge or understanding to be catching 20+ carp yet :!::)

I started carp fishing in 1984 (on and off with other species), but it took me until 1992 (I think) to get my first 20lb+ carp. When I did get my first 20 I had gone from the water where I had "decided" I wouldn't do any better to a lake where to be honest I was really out of my depth. That year aiming for the 20+ I had 1 fish, sure a PB at 21.10 but I didn't enjoy it; I stopped enjoying my fishing and it became a very negative obsession to catch.

After that year I went back to the "easier" lake, and started catching, enjoying and learning what I was doing again. I was still catching doubles, and good looking fish as well, and eventually by chance from that same water, I eventually caught what was my very first 20lb common.

Add into all that, don't think that 11lb is a small fish, the average size fish is probably around 10lb, so you have caught a large fish. The magazines make mugs of us all by making us think that we all have to catch "BIG" fish.

Carefulcarping has also pointed you out to the search facility ( Search)

Slide down to your area on this link:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27977, and some of the waters mentioned may well have been mentioned in the past, so any of them you can put into the search as your reference terms and then click "search all terms"

• 1 month later...