Coated Braid any good ones???

nickolaus15

korda hybrid its the nuts flurocarbon coated braid cant go wrong..

its the only coated braid i use now.

Have to agree mate, an awesome hooklink to have in your tackle box, i have the weedy green and gravel brown in 20lb and catch regularly on them both.. Less fish seem to eject my hook as they did with strip-teaze.. which means its clearly better suited to my rigs.

Ive never used Mantis or Kordas Hybrid but i wouldnt mind giving both a go. I do wish you could get a 12 inch sample so you can experiment and tie a rig with it to see if the hooklink material suits you.

The last thing you want is to fork out £8 - 12 on a hooklink to realise that you cant get on with it. I made that mistake with ESP Ghost in 18lb BS, i used it once and ive never touched it again.

I'm a Suffix fan myself but the Pallatrax Steamlink is also a very good alternative and more reliable than the Hybrid.

The Pallatrax steamlink has been great for me - Very easy to get on with and stiff. The perfect hinged rig everytime! Ive used others Snakebite for example - I'll vote pallatrax every time as its more versatile and looks more natural due to the clear coating than snakebite whiuch lends itself to weedy areas.

korda hybrid its the nuts flurocarbon coated braid cant go wrong..

its the only coated braid i use now.

i would agree with that but i found it was quite hard to strip back the coating

squeeze as hard as you can on the braid with some pliers and pull the coating off, on kryston coateds this doesnt work as the inner braid frays, but it works fine with the hybrid..

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a spool of 20lb korda hybrid this morning. Looks very sexy. But in the instructions it says to steam a figure of eight knot before you tighten it. Is this essential and would i have to do this with other knots. also says to remove the coating for a knotless knot, but then how do you go about making a D rig. you think the braid is stiff enough to produce the D?

onyl just started getting into coated braid and im loving the stuff at the minute soooo many varieties.

been havin hours of fun making rigs from kryston snakebite (its a lonely life) but from what i hear ESP stripteaze is damn good also.

i really rate ESP tackle anyway so i think ill give it a go next.

just out of interest.............how many times do most of you use ur hooklink before gettin rid of it?

im sure there'll be people who never get rid of the hooklinks and some that throw them after every session.

personally i try to keep my hooklinks for as long as possible, within conditional reason of course.

I'm a Kryston fan and Mantis&Mantis Gold never let me down in any situation. The Sufix range didn't convinced me (maybe in UK they are better but in Romania they are not the best quality) and Korda,well after all i've read on this site they are prety much crap.

Ditto. Kryston Super Mantis (Gold and Green types) has caught me more fish than any other makes. Although i really dislike their Snakebite.

I'm a Kryston fan and Mantis&Mantis Gold never let me down in any situation. The Sufix range didn't convinced me (maybe in UK they are better but in Romania they are not the best quality) and Korda,well after all i've read on this site they are prety much crap.

Ditto. Kryston Super Mantis (Gold and Green types) has caught me more fish than any other makes. Although i really dislike their Snakebite.

Really get on with all of the Kryston Hooklinks, even Multi-Strand.