rig glue

gaziboi90

Best way I have found to pratice knots, is to get a length of plastic string (soz can't think of the proper description) I got mine from a pair of ear plugs and a pair of smallish scissors then use the finger hole as you would a swivle or hook.That way everything is on a much bigger scale and you can really see the mechanics of the knot and what happens as it tightens down...

Try this:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41949 :wink:

I refuse to use Glue on any knot I tie, instead relying on tying a good knot.

If you consider that Superglue or rig glue are both cyanoacrylates, so essentially the same product. That glue may well strengthen a knot in the immediate short term, but water weakens superglue, in fact one of the reasons that superglue or a medical equivalent is used to replace stitches, so the wound can be glued, and then the glue will weaken and break off as the moisture gets into it.

Also that glue will also stop lateral movement on a material. As you play a fish the knot is moving around at the top of the hook eye, swivel or splice. That movement may not appear to be much but if the knot is glued, the knot and line can't move, it may break instead.