MOORLAND FISHERIES 2011 CATCH REPORT

moorsey

We have just completed our fifth week of the 2011 season so, as it also coincides with the end of April, I though it as well to give some catch details of the season so far.

The lake has produced the following carp:-

44 twenties

174 thirties

54 forties

9 fifties [50lb 7oz, 52lb 0oz, 52lb 6oz, 52lb 10oz, 53lb 8oz, 54lb 0oz, 54lb 6oz, 56lb 0oz & 56lb 10oz]

Since I started trying to type this report we have just seen one of the new anglers bank "The Eighteen" at a new best weight of 55lb 2oz making our tenth fifty of the season.

Wow :shock: That's some stock you have there Keith!

Thanks mate. Incredibly, one of our current anglers, Simon Morris has just completed a hat-trick of fifties in less than 30 hours fishing. He has banked "The Eighteen" at 55lb 2oz, "Clover" at 53lb 10oz and "Chunky" at 52lb 2oz. There has also been another huge fish lost at the net by one of the other anglers so the big girls seem to have their hungry heads on today.

Keith

Incredible, I cant believe i dont have enough time to get out there this year, Im going to miss my trip out to Moorlands with the fish in such fantastic condition and so very big.

The pictures of arfur were great, what a stunning fish, breeze block like. Roll on september and october when they huge. Definately one of them will be over 60lb this year, if not a few more :wink::wink:

Hi Jamie

Look forward to seeing you out here again at some time in the future mate.

Just to whet your appetite a little more we have just seen Graham Pollard bank "The Pipesmoker" at a new lake common record of 52lb 8oz.

Keith

No way, that is huge, what an awsome result. That is the longest common i had ever seen so im not supprised at all. If thats 52lb...... how big will the long common be..... some lucky angler may find that out soon.

I really want to get out there again soon Keith, maybe a short one 3-4 days, monday morning to thursday evening one week maybe.

It's impossible to say really because individual fish grow at differing speeds but we do seem to have the entire stock growing "en masse" so to speak and I'm sure it's because of getting rid of the silver fish. We are planning another drain down this autumn so that we can sort them out again and remove the smaller catfish [probably only leave in 10 or 12 of the bigger cats] and that should see some more big weight gains for 2012.

So far, in less than 6 weeks, we have matched last years totals for fifties [13] and have blitzed the totals for carp over thirty pound by seeing about 260 landed so far.

Right catch report as promised.

This week we saw the following carp banked:-

16 twenties

23 thirties

7 forties

6 fifties [mirrors of 52lb 0oz, 52lb 2oz, 53lb 10oz, 54lb 14oz, 55lb 2oz and a common of 52lb 8oz]

The totals for our first 6 weeks are as follows:-

60 twenties

197 thirties

61 forties

15 fifties

[273 carp in total over 30lb in 6 weeks]

Right catch report as promised.

This week we saw the following carp banked:-

16 twenties

23 thirties

7 forties

6 fifties [mirrors of 52lb 0oz, 52lb 2oz, 53lb 10oz, 54lb 14oz, 55lb 2oz and a common of 52lb 8oz]

The totals for our first 6 weeks are as follows:-

60 twenties

197 thirties

61 forties

15 fifties

[273 carp in total over 30lb in 6 weeks]

Wow! 8)

Catch report for end of week 7 [14th May 2011] the week during which the carp decided to spawn.

8 twenties

30 thirties

14 forties [48lb 10oz mirror & 47lb 13oz common]

3 fifties [54lb 12oz, 55lb 0oz & 57lb 7oz, all mirrors]

Totals for the first 7 weeks:-

68 twenties

227 thirties

75 forties

18 fifties

Spawning is now done and dusted and I am expecting to see some of the smaller [20's] caught at the start of this week as it is normally the males which switch back on to feeding before the females.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Catch report for end of week 8 21st May 2011.

A very strange week with more carp lost than landed due to a multitude of reasons but the banked fish consisted of:-

17 twenties [including 5 of 29lb+]

20 thirties [including 6 of 39lb+ which would all have been forties before spawning]

2 forties

5 fifties [51lb 6oz common and mirrors of 51lb 12oz, 53lb 8oz, 54lb 4oz & 56lb 1oz]

Totals for the year to date:-

85 twenties

247 thirties

77 forties

23 fifties [14 different carp]