Fishing holidays this year...where are you going?

cobleyn

I wondered where everyone is going for their fishing breaks this year.

I've just booked to go to the Ebro in May...cats in the morning , carp In the evenings and at night

and then back to Thailand in august :Mekong catfish and Siamese ...I cannot wait!

Going !!!

already done a weeks swim building, maintance and night fishing in France 3 weeks ago that was chilly lol !!

still got at least two, week long trips if not three with a couple of differant groups of mates to French waters and a stag do on Yatley to look forward to yet.

Its going to be a good summers social fishing this year !!

It's not abroad, but still nearly 400 miles away - I'll be booking accomodation for at least one trip (possibly two), to the Red River north of Winnipeg Manitoba for channel cats. Besides the cats the place is absolutely lousy with carp. Last summer I saw what had to be about 100,000 carp boshing around right in front of the St. Andrews Dam. 100,000. I didn't see any big ones in that lot but I know that the people targeting them there do catch some lumps.

Im going to spain in october to see family and fish a lake called torremendo, i fished the river that runs down to it before and had some nice fish out but couldnt really fish the large lake (just under 4000 acres) as i didnt have the appropriate tackle but i do know so watch out mr carp here i come :D

will be back over to my house in portugal late summer ...for a few months more renovations (when ive earned enough again)...so will be spending lots of time fishing the zezere river this time again...crystal clear...beaches as good as any coastal water..and hardly a soul around...and some smaller waters too :D

• 1 month later...

Not this year for me :( Hopefully a first trip carping abroad (possibly Crete lakes) for me and a couple mates next year. On the plus side got 2weeks in El Gouna, Egypt booked for my honeymoon in August, no fishing though don't want to get married life off to a bad start :lol: