27lb common from apley pool telford!

gotta agree with guy.......if i was drawn to fish anywhere within 20 miles of telford....or up and down the seven...jez is the man to talk to...and i take his word as gospel :wink:

i dont know about the 27 lads,but i can tell you i had two twentys out of apley last year.the first was a 20lb 6oz common,and was the last fish of a hectic sesh, and the 2nd was a 21lb 12 common,the first fish of another cracking sesh the weekend after.does that count as a brace?? :wink: i also had a repeat capture of a stonking dark mirror we named 'two belly' as its right side fin was missing,along with a hefty chunk of flesh(fully healed by the way,must have happend years ago) creating the effect of it looking like it had two guts!that was 16 something.this,along with loads of other commons upto 19.8 made for a ace few seshions.unfortunatley,the more people that knew,the busier it became,my own fault for spouting my mouth off to bob in wellington tack shop.couldnt help myself,when someone asks you how youre getting on,and your last two decent fish have come from apley,you tell them with a big grin :wink: anyway,yeah,some good chunks in there boyos,like i say,cant vouch for the 27,but there is some real bonus fish in there you just accociate with the place

• 1 month later...

I put it at 15lb max, how many coarse anglers out there actually carry decent scales etc. On the river i weigh loads of barbel for people who think they have caught a double and most of the time they are 7lb at the most. This fish is 28lb 2oz and i'm an 18st porker as my mrs puts it lol. If that fish is 30lb this one must be 50lb

IMG_0223.jpg