big carp in essex

Guest Anonymous
the souce boilie with a bit of pop up corn over a spodded are which consisted of mixed partcle,corn,chickpea,the source, pellet powder in the middle of the two islands on the far bank which i had a few pick ups on.

:lol::lol: You spodded to the far bank? :lol::lol: Why didn't you walk round with your bucket? It's a good 60 or 70yds across there, save all that hard work!

• 3 months later...

This may be a bit old, but i have fished weeley about 15 times. the only time i have caught a fish was at 4.30am in the middle of summer. i had two in about 30 mins,otherwise i have caught nothing. however i go with a mate who one summers evening had three over 20lb in about two hours.

Well done!!

I am glad someones catching from there.

I know I put the place down, but I have never blanked so many times over and over again and also spoken to so many other people that have done the same.

There just is not as many fish in the lake as the farmer says there is.

Spicy

• 1 month later...
no there definatly isnt. where else do you fish around the area.

To be honest there is not to much to pick from, unless you join a club.

I joint CAPS last year and will renew my membership this year, also want to join AAA this year.

Rayne lodge, which is close to Braintree is OK for a day ticket water.

PM me if you want to go to a CAPS water for the day I could sign you in on a guests ticket for a day for a fiver.

Spicy

Well the farmer seems to be spending some cash on a new lake!!

I wonder if he is going to put any new fish into it? :roll: He will proberly net the other lakes and swap a few fish over to the new one which looks the same as the last lake he dug...feature less the same depth all the way across and no pegs to fish from?

BORING :!:

Spicy

• 1 month later...

I have heard from 2 different people now that the new lake at weeley has got to be drained because proper planning was not applied for :shock:

Has anyone else heard this?

Anyone can see when they drive past the lake it is much higher than the road. The banks are only made from clay and dirt, just wait till the summer when they dry out and then it pours down on dry clay :!:

Does anyone know if you have to have a licence to stock a lake with catfish?

Spicy

• 2 months later...

Hiyar My Names Sam Hennessy And I Was Fishing Over At Weeley Bypass With My Bro And Ma Dad. There are big fish in there.

I caught a 28lb common carp on pellet in the margin literally a metre from the bank. Was playing it for 30 mins on a 1 and 3/4 lb test curve match rod on 8lb line.

Biggest achievement of my life :):D I think the fish there are heavily pressured and so they are weary of baits in the middle. A light sprinkling of Mojo ground bait and a few handfuls of pellets got them feeding and i dipped my float in and it shot under. Top Stuff :D:D

I have just joined paxmans now, they are pretty professional about it all and i am looking forward to fishing their waters.

If you want a 20lb plus fish, i advise you to try and get a pass for the orchards holiday park down at st osyth. My mates mum works there so i can fish there as a staff guest. I don't know how you can get a pass coz usually you have to be a caravan owner down there.

Anyways its a sweet water, i caught a 26lber and a 32 lber from there both on the bottom with pineapple and banana boilies. The same boilies in a pva bag seems to do the trick.

Ill let yu no how i get on at paxmans when i go fishing there tommorow.

You can only get a years ticket at the orchards if youre a caravan owner but you can get a day ticket for 5.50 for 2 rods.Its a nice place to fish and never that busy.All the fish ive seen come out of there are in prestine condition.The bigger lake is 5-7 ft and the match lake only 2-3ft.Give it a go

Guest Anonymous

I have just joined paxmans now, they are pretty professional about it all and i am looking forward to fishing their waters.

Ill let yu no how i get on at paxmans when i go fishing there tommorow.

How was is & which lake did you fish?

Absolutley Ace To Be Honest. Such A Nice Bunch Of People Always Trying To Help You Catch Fish.

I Went To Home Farm In Ardleigh For A Day And Caught A 23lb Mirror On Mainline Pineapple Boilie And A 18lb Catfish Caught On Halibut Boilie.

I Think I Am Going To Ramsey Brook On Wednesday So Ill See What Thats Like.

Yeah The Orchards Is Good But You Need To Know Staff Their Or Own A Caravan And It Has Massive Fish In There.

:lol::lol::lol:

Heck,

I bet that took a bit of effort to type in :? , capitalising every First letter :shock::lol::lol:

Essex is fairly spread out, a reasonably large county, and some of the syndicates are a 'mare to get into.

CAPS, Kelvedon, Sudbury and District are clubs with a few waters.

The lake right next to the A12 near Chelmsford (the name has slipped my memory :?:oops: ) is day ticket, but there was or is a phone number of who controls it on the fence. It may be a bit noisy though

Yeah there called a12 cuton lakes, There okay ive been to them a few times but seeing as i live in st osyth its a bit of a trek up there with all my gear. If you want match fishing colemans cottage fishery is one of the best in the county.

Another one that springs to mind is suffolk water park however that is a very hard water and you get frowned at if you don't spend more than 24 hours there for some reason. You also get frowned at if you dont have the best kit going. which annoys me alot.

I love turning up and catching more than people with better gear than me.

Don't get me started on SWP, and I know the place well :wink:

Trevor The Bailiff is a top bloke, knows the lake like the back of his hand, won't accept any Bull or arguments. A lot of the reason he is so strict is that he is worried about Fish Care. They lost a fish due to being sacked a while ago (Army Fish). The theory was that Noddies who bought cheap kit weren't going to be made welcome, unfortunately it doesn't take into consideration "Credit card" anglers.

What about waters near Alresford? there is a club there and a Reservoir near the Station.

Guest Anonymous

Heno, save yourself a trek & fish the triangle lake at St. Osyth. It's got pretty much the same sized fish as Ramsey Brook but not quite as well stocked :wink:

You done well at Home Farm :twisted: ... I did a day there last week & a couple of mates done a 24hr, 2 of us blanked, the other had an 8lb Mirror :roll:

Nick, you probably know already but the lake next to AAA belongs to Paxmans so no doubt he'll be heading for Arlesford soon but that lake has a closed season on our club. It's got some excellent old warriors & a few decent sizes grassies in there aswell as pike etc. :D

There's also another lake behind AAA which I believe belongs to BT but have never seen anyone fishing it. It's full of fish but looks disused... woops, did I cast into the wrong lake :shock::twisted::lol::wink:

ELLOOO

havnt been on here for ages for two reasons no internet access and lack of fishing really, went weeley on saturday fished two rods on the left side(if looking towards the road) had a fish 2 hrs into fishing was a 22.8lb common, other then that a few nuicence knocks and bites and a array of anoyying ducks!

heres a pic

228lbcommen3.jpg

mat

• 7 months later...

I live in Weeley and have been to the lakes a couple of times, the lakes at Weeley don't have a lot of fish in them, i'm led to beleive that the big lake in the middle has only got 90 fish in it - carp & cat, bream, although i don't know how many of each, i had a few bream on the feeder but only small ones, i think the lake is only about 6ft deep

the first one and the "S" shaped one at the back have a few fish in them, and was told by the owner that the "S" shaped one has got carp up to 14lb, this one is used for matches

The one next to the "S" shaped one near the main road has got 20 fish in it and i got a 9lb common out of it the other day

The one between the big lake and the "S" shaped one has no fish in it

I've only done day times so far so i can't comment on night time fishing

I think the bottom lake is only a night fishing one now, although i could be wrong