ultimate numpty

slimysime

Gutted behond beleif, whilst tying some rigs in the living room, and using boilies to get my hair just right, i put a 20mm boilie on the rig to adjust the lenght of hair, placed it on the table and got up to put the kettle up to shrink tube it up, gone for no longer than 15 seconds when my oldest son screamed out nooooooooo !!!!! my ten year old border collie decided it would be a nice treat to snaffle down my 20mm quad boilie hook line and sinker, straight down the vets, could'nt capture it with the camera down his throat but could see it on the x-ray, so they had to open up the poor lad, ive never felt so sorry for this silly action, he's now back from the vet and looking sorry for himself :( never never will i ever bring a baited hook in my house. :?:roll:

Gutted behond beleif, whilst tying some rigs in the living room, and using boilies to get my hair just right, i put a 20mm boilie on the rig to adjust the lenght of hair, placed it on the table and got up to put the kettle up to shrink tube it up, gone for no longer than 15 seconds when my oldest son screamed out nooooooooo !!!!! my ten year old border collie decided it would be a nice treat to snaffle down my 20mm quad boilie hook line and sinker, straight down the vets, could'nt capture it with the camera down his throat but could see it on the x-ray, so they had to open up the poor lad, ive never felt so sorry for this silly action, he's now back from the vet and looking sorry for himself :( never never will i ever bring a baited hook in my house. :?:roll:
would that be premier baits quad,if so my dog loves the things.when i go out to my freezer she is right on my heels.we live and learn hope your dogs ok soon

Si,

I'm glad the dog is ok, don't beat yourself up over it, these things happen, just from a moments "inattention" a dog can do all manner of things.

There is a good note in all this though, you know that your bait will work, although I have found cats to be even better bait testers than dogs who often eat absolutely anything :wink:

*edited for typo*

mate i hope he is ok and i gotta say sorry for laughing at some of the replys on here. tbh i often do that but after this i have realised how easy it is so you have given me the kick i need not to do it before i have the same problem

Yes lads i did get my rig back :D and shall be using it as my lucky rig, he's better today after a restless night, i took him back vets last night for another jab to calm him down :cry: hope nobodys pet as to go through what my dog as had to endure, thank god for pet insurance :roll::roll::)

• 2 months later...

Had the same with my 6-month-old staffie a few years back;

Went out to a gig and locked it in the kitchen (where it had it's bed) - came home and it'd butted the door into my fishing room off its latch and had eaten three trade packs of Mucilin (fly line floatant), plus a few cards of flies were mysteriously lacking in numbers too. Next morning, it was the only time I've seen dog poop setting rock-hard as it went from the warm interior of Dave (that's the dog) into freezin' cold mid-winter air. Mind you, it was easy to clean up - looked like those fake poops you get in joke shops :)

Never did find the flies though....