brasenose 1

jules007

• 1 month later...
Guest makka

The "standard" approach on B1 is zigs fished at range with sloppy spod over the top as the fish tend to move out into the middle to avoid pressure. Or the other alternative is to fish the reedy swims near the entrance a bit closer in. That said my best fish from B1 came from a "pub chucked" PVA bag a couple of swims down from the point because I arrived late, it was dark and i just needed to get my rods in!

Good luck!

hi, me and my brother fished linear last week we did 24 hours on b1. we arrive around about 3 oclock we decided to set our marker and spod out a sloppy spod mix we created a bed of food, we then set up 2 zigs and one maggot clip, with a spod of maggotts in one area we caught a 28lb and a 18lb followed by a 20lb of the zig rig with a mulberry pop up. i do recommend fluro baits like mulberry pop ups, flavoured sweetcorn the fish at linear are attracted to standing out baits its worth ago

good luck ! :D

Well, where do i start!

first of all i must stress that this post is not a which hunt for linear, but they really need to change the way they take anglers on a first come first served basis :!:

I rang the bailiff phone line on monday and explained, that a party of four were coming down from up north, asked if we would get on, i was told no problem, but ring again thursday afternoon for a better idea, i rang back and again i was told it was busy but we would get on the lakes, but might not be first choice of lake, fair enough.

We arrived at 08.30 friday morning, the sight that greeted us was akin to glastonbury, but bivvies instead of festival tents :!:

We drove and walked around all the lakes and found one peg on st johns and one on hardwick, we were not splitting up onto different lakes and needed at least 3 pegs.

I rang the main man again and i was told some pegs were due to vacate later in the day, but more and more carpers were arriving all the time, anglers were already hanging about in cars waiting to see what pegs might or might not vacate, we decided not worth waiting on the hope of getting on as most if not all anglers would be there for the weekend :!:

Linear website claim they never turn anglers away, surely it must be time they operated a booking system

Thats my moan over, 3 years ago i vowed never to go back, needless to say this time i mean it, i wont be fishing there ever again

Guest makka

Feel very sorry for you and I hope your next trip is better

but it is a bit swings and roundabouts,,,

I fished b2 from Thursday through to Saturday and I just turned up and got a decent swim.

The beauty of having no booking system is that you almost always find a swim and you're more than likely to get a decent one.

Yes it is a problem if you are a large group but mostly if you fish alone or as a pair it works well.

I quite often fish in one swim with my son & daughter in another and over the last couple of years we've never failed to get to swims next to each other

I felt very sad for the number of people I saw looking for swims on Friday but I suspect most fisheries were very busy at the start of the bank holiday bonanza

Linear prefer credit or debit card payment: they already have the facility to take bookings, by using this method they would never have anglers turning up and not able to get on.

I was told we would be able to get on, we made a 170 mile journey to find clearly we could not get on.

As for other fisheries being as busy, we decided to make a call to marsh pratley on orchid, he was very helpful, told us just how it was at his lakes and got us on a couple of pegs next to each other.

like i said, i wont be going back, and i wont be driving silly miles again to get on "premier" carp waters, will stick in the yorkshire area

• 3 weeks later...
kcn1957

Posted: 10th May 2011 20:19 Post subject: Brasenose 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Having a next week down at Linear on B1 not fished it before anyone have any info that might be of help ie Bait, rigs,distance etc.went down in march but ended up on hunts corner nice lake but fancy a go at B1.

thx Kevin

bigtrev

Posted: 10th May 2011 20:44 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya Kev

B1 is a big lake and it responds well to zig rigs and sloppy spod. The BYCAC took place there and I think there is a write up about it on the Linear website. That said most tactics will catch you carp but have a look at the news section on their webby. When you get there seek out Chris Blunt or Tom Dove if he is about they know its moods.

tatty

Posted: 11th May 2011 01:27 Post subject:

take yer biggest mate or the biggest dog yer can get yer hands on, two lads got done over on there the other week

bigtrev

Posted: 11th May 2011 09:25 Post subject:

and a big dog or a big mate will do what? The tackle that was stolen was taken silently in the night, more than likely by a group of theives who knew what that were looking for. Do you think that they will target the same venue again now that most of the angling world is on the alert. I dont think so.

If you want to go to Linear Kev then you go mate and enjoy yourself.

hnv

Posted: 11th May 2011 11:40 Post subject:

Some day ticket complexes are repeatedly targetted by tackle theives. Linear and A1 pits are two that I know of. I expect 99.9% of people who fish there don't experience any problems, but a few have. The tackle box used to sell a little anti-theft alarm (like an infra-red burgular alarm that screws into a bankstick) if anyone approaches your swim it starts screaming. Very good product.

These robbing scumbags can be violent so maybe it's best to stay asleep afterall! Saying that, If it happened to me and I caught them I would let them have a closer look at the nash powerstick I keep under my bedchair, roll them into the margin and move swims!!

To be fair the Linear lot are aware and have stepped-up security on site.

Last word... Get some "on the bank" insurance for your tackle and don't worry about the scumbags