BACK TO BASICS

mvodkaman

ive spent the last few seasons using all different manner of rigs,long shanks hooks ,shrink tubing,shot,curved,reverse hairs,rig rings,putty all sorts of hooklegths and various other paraphernalia.

this season it was back to taking my own advice i often give out on here ."keep it simple". so it was back to straight forward mantis to a B775 hook.and guess what my catch rate improved DOH :shock:

what the question ,if adding to the rig is the answer ?

im sure if more time was added to the sitution then all may come good

but this is when things are added ,( unnecessary i think )

as time is the one thing most anglers dont have ,and need a fish more than the time on the bank.

so the mind wonders ,and next thing you know your complicating things in hope of speeding thing up ,being differant or just trying something new

but saying a rig wont work is as bold a statement as saying a rig will catch, if you take "time " out the equation

• 1 month later...
morning all,

ive always used a simple knotless knot to a proven hooklink with hrink tubing to offset the hook. jobs a good 'un

:roll:

same here realy as it has been said a lot of rigs and tackle is to catch the angler rather than the carp keep it simple but right and you will catch

morning all,

ive always used a simple knotless knot to a proven hooklink with hrink tubing to offset the hook. jobs a good 'un

same here realy as it has been said a lot of rigs and tackle is to catch the angler rather than the carp keep it simple but right and you will catch

Think some anglers cause themselves problems by using all singing all dancing rigs with regards to presentation,I think emphasis placed on location in mags etc would be more beneficial than having 3-4 pages of rig clinics where 99% of times a simple line aligner would suffice. :roll:

morning all,

Think some anglers cause themselves problems by using all singing all dancing rigs with regards to presentation,I think emphasis placed on location in mags etc would be more beneficial than having 3-4 pages of rig clinics where 99% of times a simple line aligner would suffice. :roll:

I agree with that Mate,

The other thing that they don't put enough emphasis on is feeding and how different rigs work best on a Particular Feeding situation. The mags all seem to be making a Meal out of Rigs, but not enough on feeding situation and how a particular rig behaves in that situation.

Short Rigs IMO work best on a Bed of Bait; groundbait and particles/pellets, than long rigs. Yet not enough is explained on that.

On the Rigs Sticky, the rigs pictured, its easy enough to make longer. Remove Braid from swivel at knot and then tie on Additional length of approx Double the Hooklength as it stands. From a Basic Rig you have gone onto a slightly more Complicated Combi rig. It does work!

For those who haven't seen it type in Complicated Rigs as a Search, or go into Advanced Carp Fishing and Page down, and it will bring up a long thread about Rigs and their Behaviour, Lead arrangements and other things.

BEWARE THOUGH, this is a long thread where some real in-depth thought provoking ideas are aired. It can be a Headache inducing thread