Shrink Tubing - help

tub

hi guys,

need some advice when steaming shrink tubing is there a certain length of time it should be steamed for. Everytime ive tried using the stuff, it never seems to shrink and the bend i put in immediately goes straight as soon as i let go of it.

Ant

hi guys,

need some advice when steaming shrink tubing is there a certain length of time it should be steamed for. Everytime ive tried using the stuff, it never seems to shrink and the bend i put in immediately goes straight as soon as i let go of it.

Ant

Firstly as said make sure you get Shrink tube, and get a good quality type!

I've used Fox and ESP, and also gone into Electrical shops like Maplins to get Shrink tube, but now use Mo's Co (he has i-net shop or go through E-bay :wink: ).

I boil the kettle with the rig and shrink tube in the spout, and you should see it shrink as it is in the steam and water vapour, then after is has shrunk, usually within a second or 2 bend it into the shape you want, then while holding this bend put it into cold water and it will stay in shape.

it is definitely shrink tubing :P ive been using, well attempting to use, the korda version.

i wasnt aware you had to put the bend in after steaming, or put it into cold water.

thanks very much :D

You can hold the bend in before you put it into the steam, but I make sure that it "stays" by bending it as it comes out. The cold water is just a "quick-fix" instead of letting it cool naturally.

Incidentally I think I may have tried Korda tubing and decided that I didn't like it :wink:

Iv been using korda shrink tube although I did ok with it shrinking I always felt it could shrink tighter so after what Nick said here its off to ebay thanks Nick.

I have been using Mo's for a while, and while fishing this weekend decided to tie up a few more rigs; the stuff I got from Mo worked a treat :wink:

Just hold it in the steam from the kettle as I brewed up, piece of cake :wink:

Iv been using korda shrink tube although I did ok with it shrinking I always felt it could shrink tighter so after what Nick said here its off to ebay thanks Nick.

I have been using Mo's for a while, and while fishing this weekend decided to tie up a few more rigs; the stuff I got from Mo worked a treat :wink:

I always do this with the korda shrink tube and never have any problems, works fine :wink:

The best i can do.

Could someone edit that for me? Aint got a clue how it happened :lol::lol:

I always do this with the korda shrink tube and have never had any problems, works fine :wink:

No, I'll leave that you are happy, large and bold enough to use Korda tackle, then I'll embarrass you with that comment later :twisted::twisted::lol:

I'll also not tell you that you can edit your own posts and change the font size :P

Could someone edit that for me? Aint got a clue how it happened :lol::lol:

I always do this with the korda shrink tube and have never had any problems, works fine :wink:

No, I'll leave that you are happy, large and bold enough to use Korda tackle, then I'll embarrass you with that comment later :twisted::twisted::lol:

I'll also not tell you that you can edit your own posts and change the font size :P

I know i can edit my own posts, im just useless to be quite honest :lol: .

I am happy, large and bald, i mean bold, and i stand by my comment, its worked fine for me, as has kordas pva tape that i have. Thats as far as it goes though :lol: