Which water to fish nottingham?

Hi guys,

I have recently got into carp fishing and have tried a few lakes recently around the nottinghamshire area including Belvoir, Cromwell and a few in peterborough, wisbech and bluebells which was a mistake!

Anyway I am going tomorrow and am thinking of going to sapphire lakes or covert springs?

Just did a 24 hr session and cromwell and blanked, its a tough water and probably a little out of my depth by the looks of things!!

From the fishing iv done so far i would say that i want to be in a lake around 7 acre max, as the bigger ones take so much more watercraft skills (bait boats etc) to catch and I just dont have the resources at the moment.

As much as i would love to land a 30+ fish i just want to be catching and learning with good doubles and the odd 20+ is a bonus!

Can anyone help me out?

Iv heard covert is no boilies? Which is a bit of a bummer!

Cheers

Jamie

Aup mate, a water id try would be hackett lakes. Its down the holme pierrepoint road near the end. Ive fished both cromwell and sapphire and i must say they are very difficult waters. Covert can be a bit of fun but it depends what you want. Covert has many double figure fish but despite the rumours...given by the owner, i dont think there is anything over 22lb.

Hacketts has a 10 acre lake and also a 3 acre lake containing carp. Ive fished the 10 acre 3 times and have only managed a 10lb and a few smaller ones. Its a good challenge and i know that they do have at least one 30lb in there so theres a chance of a bonus! Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I have recently got into carp fishing and have tried a few lakes recently around the nottinghamshire area including Belvoir, Cromwell and a few in peterborough, wisbech and bluebells which was a mistake!

Anyway I am going tomorrow and am thinking of going to sapphire lakes or covert springs?

Just did a 24 hr session and cromwell and blanked, its a tough water and probably a little out of my depth by the looks of things!!

From the fishing iv done so far i would say that i want to be in a lake around 7 acre max, as the bigger ones take so much more watercraft skills (bait boats etc) to catch and I just dont have the resources at the moment.

As much as i would love to land a 30+ fish i just want to be catching and learning with good doubles and the odd 20+ is a bonus!

Can anyone help me out?

Iv heard covert is no boilies? Which is a bit of a bummer!

Cheers

Jamie

ive fished covert springs a few times recently and its not good they have a wide ban on alot of baits and alot of bream an smaller fish. have a look on the web site or pop down. but most people i know arnt fishing it it just isnt fishing well at all hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

you could try a few ponds that i have found,they are in a place called higham in alfreton. if you google higham hotel you'll get the postcode for it.theres 1 lake you can only fish nights but the other 3 from dusk till dawn. everytime i've been no matter what pond i'm on i always catch double figure carp.recently i was told by the owner that i had the record out weighing 31lb 9oz mirror.there are varied species of fish in all lakes and everyone catches,i've known people to take out 17 tench in an 8 hour session.

its £7 for 2 rods on the day tickets and £25 for the night

good look