lead clips

samcfc

i have used both and both are fine, if your not fishing a snaggy or weedy water then no need to worry about the lead seperating.

If however you are then i go for trimming the clip down, then wetting the rubber before placing it on.

if you use clips then you should trim the clip down and wet it anyway, not just in snaggy waters tbh

Bin the Lead clips, horrible things :wink::P Don't work near snags, and a running lead can be tied on near snags. :wink:

Even an inline can often slide over snags, whereas a lead clip even with ejected lead can catch up

thanks

Sam,

Don't forget that is just my view :wink:

Other people love Lead clips, and in perfectly clear waters, they may be the best or easiest way to attach a lead to the mainline. I don't like them personally, I have alternative ways of attaching the lead, preferring to use a running set-up 9times out of 10. If I do use a Semi-Fixed set-up a running lead can be used, but just fish with a tight line :!:

Or the alternative I like is actually the John Roberts Beads. They can be adapted to eject the lead EVERY time the fish get snagged and create no sharp angles for anything to catch up on.