surface fishing

samcfc

Guest Anonymous

The last time I fished the surface I had to nick my hooklink off Gaz so 'what he uses' :lol:

& you'll generally find that even though most of the fish are feeding on the surface in say a 30ft radius of the baited area, it's worth over casting & fishing 10ft behind that area as the bigger fish tend to hold back. You might not be able to see them cruising but believe me, they're there :wink:

The last time I fished the surface I had to nick my hooklink off Gaz so 'what he uses' :lol:

& you'll generally find that even though most of the fish are feeding on the surface in say a 30ft radius of the baited area, it's worth over casting & fishing 10ft behind that area as the bigger fish tend to hold back. You might not be able to see them cruising but believe me, they're there :wink:

The above is also good for not spooking the carp, over cast and slowly reel in to get your bait around the area you want!

Clarke G-line (used to be Silstar) 7.9lb (0.20) or 10.lb (0.22)

Berkley trilene- 4lb (0.23 but breaks just over 8lb with good knots (self tested) so its stronger than the 8 and 10lb silstar which can halve in bs on certain knots and looses round 30-40% of its bs on average)

I find that the Drennan double strength is too thick for its breaking strain with poor knot strength but then again with every aspect of fishing its what you get used to and what you have confidence in :)

Berkley trilene- 4lb (0.23 but breaks just over 8lb with good knots (self tested) so its stronger than the 8 and 10lb silstar which can halve in bs on certain knots and looses round 30-40% of its bs on average)

I find that the Drennan double strength is too thick for its breaking strain with poor knot strength but then again with every aspect of fishing its what you get used to and what you have confidence in :)

i might try some of the G-line nice diameter :)

i might try some of the G-line nice diameter :)

Its a vary nice line, very supple :) has a slight blue/green tint but no where near as coloured as drennan double strength.

There is ,however, only one shop that i use (out of 5) that stocks it so you may need to go hunting :)