lakeside fishery wolvey????

hi mate, cant help with your question but welcome and have fun. please remember no text talk us oldies cant get the hang of it :lol:

there is a bit about it here https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28324&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wolvey

if thats not enough try the search and you might find what your looking for :wink:

ive fished lakeside many times, very pretty estate lake with 3 islands and numerous lily patches all over.

extremely shallow at the car park end around 18 inches, if its cold or overcast when you go head to the far end of the lake wheres its around 6-7ft. if its sunny and hot surface fish any of the pegs at the car park end!

good head of fish, lots and lots of upper doubles into high twenties, although its not an easy water.

its a big crucian water too!

bait wise, boilies definately the way to go, corn and meat around the lily pads....athough they will bolt straight into them when hooked!

hope that helps!

:o Fished the lake on sat, very nice lake indeed, didnt have anything out tho bit of gutter, but spoke to a few people and they had been there for a few days and only had 1 or 2 so felt alittle bit better lol.. Hard lake to fish.. and yes it was bivvy city loads of them there.. but i will return and conquer!!

• 4 years later...

i am a syndicate member at lakeside, most if not all carp have died over the last two months ,i wasnt told until after a day, by another member ,i feel anyone who is thinking of fishing this lake should know this ,as i spent three days in lovely surroundings but no carp to be seen by any angler ,the diseaze is some kind of flu according to the baliff

Guest Anonymous
i am a syndicate member at lakeside, most if not all carp have died over the last two months ,i wasnt told until after a day, by another member ,i feel anyone who is thinking of fishing this lake should know this ,as i spent three days in lovely surroundings but no carp to be seen by any angler ,the diseaze is some kind of flu according to the baliff

I was going to go there last week, glad i never now. does look like a nice place though, old Monestury ponds are my farourite venues. there is one out by Southham on farm land. the farmer lets people fish for free and there are/were a few real nice Carp in it.

The lake is beautiful , but banks and pegs are very overgrown and need clearing , the Baliff there would be quite happy to take your money ,and I know he would not of told you about the fish dying .i have posted on this forum as I do not want people to waste there time and money .until this lake is restocked and the fish have settled its not worth anyone's effort.unless there a match fisherman .i am not happy that it took another member on the lake to let me know the real extent of the disease,three days 3bottom rods and I fish beach caster.not one carp showed on the surface at all .i have caught lots of fish before from this venue

I was going to go there last week, glad i never now. does look like a nice place though, old Monestury ponds are my farourite venues. there is one out by Southham on farm land. the farmer lets people fish for free and there are/were a few real nice Carp in it.

Where is this lake near Southam mate?

Guest Anonymous

Where is this lake near Southam mate?

It's not a lake, it's a farm pond, PM sent.

• 1 month later...

thats very sad news,and thnx for the heads up.. has the owner offered you a refund? if not he should under the consumer act because the miss leading i would ask for a refund fella, nice lake that but the owner never did anything with it it was a lake full of small carp hopfully this will change things and they stock it with bigger carp and make it members only again because that place could be an amazing big carp sydicate

• 4 weeks later...