help with tangled hooklenth

binfield

hello all. I've been using a braid hooklength lately but i'm having problems with tangling. not sure if its happening on the cast or retrieve.my set up is mainline through to hook length.no leader. i'm using a running rig with bead and quick change clip.i have been putting a small piece of tubing over the quick link to try and prevent a tangle but it isn't working. any help or advice would be most welcome. :?

Try using a piece of pva foam squeezed onto the hook or a small pva bag the size of a golf ball. Also when casting use your line clip or stop the spool just before the rig hits the water. this will cause the hooklength to straighten out. Also sometimes a small piece of Kryston Heavy Metal putty on the hooklink, a third the way along from the hook end, will help the rig kick out straight when settling on the bottom.

I can guarentee you this will work, because i do it every time i cast and i never have tangles.

all the best mate :D

the max distance i'm casting is about 50yards. But most of the time its margin or close in at about 15to 20 yards. Have thought about using a coated braid stripped back to about 3inch before the quick link, to act as a sort of boom. The problem with that is i loose the camo element of the rig as i cant find a coated braid that comes close to the bed colour. I managed to find a supple braid that is a close match after a lot of searching. The carp are very weary and the water is quite clear .

Kryston Superstiff?

Often with braid a lot of tangles occur as you pick up the rod. The braid being softer falls around the lead, then as you pick up the lead moves first and then the hooklink pulls tight around it.

I use Braid for most of my fishing with Running leads, and use PVA stringers, mesh or bags. No problems with Tangles. I also know that if you use a Combi Link then you can really avoid tangles even without PVA.

2/3 Mono (Amnesia) and 1/3 Braid works