how long does maize last after it has been cooked

samcfc

Hemp turns abit rancid after a few days (i wouldnt want to use it after any longer than a week-10 days at most) as for parti blend, cant help i normally cook up far to little and its normally gone in a day or 2 :oops::oops::roll:

But as Zander has rightfully said, You can freeze nearlly all particles, just remember that freezing it without the juices will cause freezer burn and alot will float :?:wink:

Nothing wrong with freezer burn imho , Used tons of boiles were it has got burnt never stopped the fish eating them !! . You are right about freezeing them in some juice though stops them drying out when you go fishing . I freeze my particles up in kilo bags so i know how much i have taken and how much ive put in for future sessions .

Ps

If freezer burn really worrys you line your freezer with cardboard so the bait does not touch the freezer wall and you will stop it .

I've got some from last September/October that's still good.

It's been sitting in a shed all summer (40C+) in sealed containers,(3l milk) merrily soaking up the salt/sugar/scopex flavouring.

Prebaited an area last weekend and the fish were feeding heavily on it. Will use it this weekend.

• 11 years later...

I used to have mine in a sealed container for a week with added black treacle then I’d freeze it in old plastic sweet jars the corner shop used to save for me the carp loved it I must say

something I have noticed from new to old school we wouldn’t use particles until about a week old they would be like snot in the bucket thick sticky snot but they went nuts for the stuff everything did silvers bream especially carp 🧐🧐🧐