BARBY MILL POOL?

Used to fish out that way a few times a little while ago. the mill is on the cross roads as you go into the village and the cricket ground/club is on the left of the entrance. Nice little pool, some good fish in there too, best swims used to be the point swims on the right hand bank just past the aerator pump and the lillies.

My PB grassy come from that lake on floatfished bread on the back swims where the conifer trees are (3rd swimm along from the corner) the point on the back bank was also very productive if it was busy.

• 3 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but thought it better to use this one than start another!!

has anybody fished it recently?

I'm hoping to do a nighter there soon, but have never been before, does anyone know how much a night ticket is? I've searched the net but can only find the price for a day ticket.

I need to know how much before I get there, as I'm very tight for cash at the moment, and as I'm going by bus, I don't want to take my tent, lots of food and water and my stove if I can only afford a day ticket..

any help much appreciated :D

Just phoned the bailiff who was very helpful indeed!

24 hour ticket is £15, but he is allowing me to fish a bit more than that..

I'm going on Tuesday morning, until Wednesday afternoon...

Extremely excited, just brought some more bait, Nash 15mm pineapple boilies with Sonubaits 10mm pineapple pop-ups, a tin of hemp, 2 tins of corn and 3 tins of luncheon meat, which I will spice up in search of some of the resident Cat's!

oh, and a new bite alarm as 2 of mine are broken, so I can fish 2 rods overnight...

should be a good session, looking forward to it very much! :D

2 tin's of corn and 1 tin of hemp? I'd have it the other way round personally.

Me too, However the tins of corn were brought for another lake, but the 3 times I went, I forgot the tin opener.... probably wont use both of them, or even all of one, but I'll take them anyway lol!!

I was going to get more hemp, but didn't have the cash on me at the time...

I'll get a few kilos of unprepared stuff from a pet shop along with a few kilos of other particles when I'm a bit more flush!

Still reckon I'm in for a fairly good session anyway! I guess I'll find out Tuesday...

Am I sad for being all packed up and ready all ready?? :oops::lol:

Yeh, but don't worry about it :lol: All angler's have their 'sad' habit's :lol:

:lol: Lol! On a serious note though, I get more excited on the build up to a session than I do Christmas, Easter, Anniversary and Birthday all put together, unless of course I am getting new tackle/gear and know about it before hand! Then I actually look forward to the said event, be it Christmas, birthday or whatever! :D

well, only a quick summary as I am in an internet cafe because my laptops up the creek!

Went Tuesday morning, until mid morning Wednesday..

Turned up at 8 after the mother of all nightmare journeys, had to take the bus as I have no car and the walk to and from the bus stops near killed me.

Didn't get a rod out until 9 as the first thing I wanted was a cuppa and a chill out, and to have a look around the lake.

Decided to fish facing the wind on the north bank, swim 4 i believe.

chose not to fish to the usual features, island, pump and lillies right out in front of me as i thought they would be the most pressured areas, instead i decided to bait up a small area in front of my swim around 10 - 15 ft out to about 35-40 ft out, and set my quivertip and one ledger on that, one close to the bank on the front of my patch and the other at the back of the patch.

baited up with hemp, halibut pellets and a few loose boilies of different sizes colours and flavours... with pineapple single on one rod and pinapple with pop up on the other.

not bites at all until around 5, i brought my quivertip in and changed to spicy spam and had my first fish landed after about 45 minutes, so i changed both rods to spam in the last of the daylight hours and had 3 more fish out.

as night fell I packed the quivertip away and set up my second ledger for the night, changed both rods back to pineapple snowman with pop up and retired to the tent for some sleep, 45 minutes later and I was woken by a screamer, pulled in another carp, cast that rod back out and before i had even finished setting my alarm it went off again, as soon as that was landed and returned my second rod went! after that fish I decided to pull both rods in and get some much needed kip.

woke again at 5 and sent the rods back out, all was dead until about 30mins before i started packing up, where i caught the worlds smallest bream, but my first ever :) on luncheon meat..

all in all a great trip, beautiful fishery but wont be going again until i have a car, as the journey was a nightmare!!

well, only a quick summary as I am in an internet cafe because my laptops up the creek!

Turned up at 8 after the mother of all nightmare journeys, had to take the bus as I have no car and the walk to and from the bus stops near killed me.

Didn't get a rod out until 9 as the first thing I wanted was a cuppa and a chill out, and to have a look around the lake.

chose not to fish to the usual features, island, pump and lillies right out in front of me as i thought they would be the most pressured areas, instead i decided to bait up a small area in front of my swim around 10 - 15 ft out to about 35-40 ft out, and set my quivertip and one ledger on that, one close to the bank on the front of my patch and the other at the back of the patch.

baited up with hemp, halibut pellets and a few loose boilies of different sizes colours and flavours... with pineapple single on one rod and pinapple with pop up on the other.

not bites at all until around 5, i brought my quivertip in and changed to spicy spam and had my first fish landed after about 45 minutes, so i changed both rods to spam in the last of the daylight hours and had 3 more fish out.

as night fell I packed the quivertip away and set up my second ledger for the night, changed both rods back to pineapple snowman with pop up and retired to the tent for some sleep, 45 minutes later and I was woken by a screamer, pulled in another carp, cast that rod back out and before i had even finished setting my alarm it went off again, as soon as that was landed and returned my second rod went! after that fish I decided to pull both rods in and get some much needed kip.

woke again at 5 and sent the rods back out, all was dead until about 30mins before i started packing up, where i caught the worlds smallest bream, but my first ever :) on luncheon meat..

all in all a great trip, beautiful fishery but wont be going again until i have a car, as the journey was a nightmare!!

How big where the carp? Should of left one rod out on mean incase a catfish came along :D

Also, don't you do night fishing to fish and not sleep? You can sleep when you get home :P

How big where the carp? Should of left one rod out on mean incase a catfish came along :D

Also, don't you do night fishing to fish and not sleep? You can sleep when you get home :P

ROFL!! you cheeky get lol! true, I did say that didn't I, however after that journey I was knackered, I had to get some shut eye, on reflection I wish I had left one rod out all night, but sleep deprivation got the better of me lol!

Haha. I can only imagine how tiring the journey must of being, but how big where the carp you caught?

All right mate, sorry its taken me so long to reply, laptop charger when up the creek, only just got a replacement.

I'd say the biggest was mid double, around 14 - 15lb, lost my cheap naff scales last time I was at Drayton, must have forgot to put them back in my bag, so couldn't weigh them lol..

Was a nice place to fish, and the carp I caught were all beautiful looking common's, just a mission to get too!

Going to be investing in a greys prodigy tackle base rucksack, box and unhooking mat. should help me move my gear around a bit better, its a better use of space lol, as well as a new set of scales.

Well, my missus will be, my birthday and Christmas coming up :D