• Carp-R-Us Nailers
    • Hutchy Muggas
    • Gardner Talon Tips

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i take it you have not used them

:confused: Used to use them about 15 years ago. But only because I went into the local rip-off tackle dealer and asked for a barbless carp hook, he said they were the only ones he had (lying git, just wanted to flog the rubbish stuff that he couldn't sell to anyone with a bit of experience, to a beginner). They are absolute crap as a carp hook compared to most other carp hooks.

• 7 months later...

I realy like Korda LongShank X....Realy strong and hook the fish good...i alwso like Wide Gape...realy good and sharp! good stuff from Korda boys!

I alwso read that the BRITISH RECORD on karp was taking on a Korda longshank x Size 6 and :arrow: READ THIS

KORDA NEWS!

BIG PUSSY ON A LONGSHANK!

A recent three day carping trip to the River Ebro in Spain proved to be a little trickier than first anticipated due to spawning. Dispite ridiculous temperatures reaching 43 degree's, some carp still fed as the lads endured the heat, and they managed to bag a dozen fish each up to 28lb. The mass of activity from the carp had attracted the attention of many large catfish and it wasn't long before Brett hooked into a large specimen. After forty-five minutes the beast appeared in the margins and the fun was yet to begin, after many hilarious attempts at getting it in a 42" net they finally managed and the 165lb lump was landed. If ever you needed any proof that Korda hooks are up to the job then this is it! Brett was using a size 4 Long Shank x hook with a Halibut pellet on the hair, this was accompanied by a stick of crushed pellets soaked in Solar Slayer Oil. A four ounce Big Grippa was required to hold bottom, this was fished on a Korda lead clip on 15lb mainline.

Just 30 minutes after that one Brett bagged another chunk that weighed in at 115lb!!

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use Partridge Z15's & swore by them (may be known as the Kevin Maddocks boilie hooks as well) but they dont make them anymore. If anyone knows where there might be some or if they are still being made but under a different name let me know :)

now days using the raptors & they are good but not as good as the partridge imo :)

I used to use Partridge Z15's & swore by them (may be known as the Kevin Maddocks boilie hooks as well) but they dont make them anymore. If anyone knows where there might be some or if they are still being made but under a different name let me know :)

now days using the raptors & they are good but not as good as the partridge imo :)

They do still make them although not in the same guise.The Z15 is now the F1 pattern and has a black nickel finish instead of matt. F2 is the same hook with longer shank and F3 is the same hook as F1 but barbless.A cracking hook,strong,lightweight but reliable.

Partridge hooks came today :)

Robaldinho when i was a kid there were a few of us that used to go fishing after school on a local lake. 1 day we all went spinning for pike.

We had been fishing for an hour or so with no luck. we all met up in 1 swim & were watching 1 of the gang for a while as we were bored.

if you are squeemish please dont read any further.

We were standing on a high bank about 4 foot above the guy we were watching.

He got him self ready to cast his ondex. Rod went back raedy to cast & the Ondex hit my mate in the face. We all started screaming & shouting to the guy with the rod but it was too late.

He proceeded to cast the spinner to the horizon as hard as he could not knowing what was going on.

It actually ended up hooking Kev just under his eye & was obviously pulled in with some force. Im pretty sure he has the scars to this day.