the medusa

giles07

• 4 weeks later...

One way of making the medusa is to sew the maggots on to a 6-10mm polyball using fine line or make your rigs up as nomal but don't tie a loop on the hair thread a piece of fake corn, luncheon meat onto the hair and tie on a rig ring on and pull it fairly tight to the hook (a small gap of about 3-5mm)then thread about 10/20 maggots onto a length of fine line then tie these on to the rig ring don't pull this too tight as you could burst the maggots and you should end up with a bunch of maggots similar to a medusa

One way of making the medusa is to sew the maggots on to a 6-10mm polyball using fine line

I would pay to see you attempt this. Call me stupid but i just cant see how it can be done.

Tony how much do you wanna pay me?

If i want a medusa popped up or to zig rig with a medusa then this is how i go about it but with varring sizes of rig foam rather than a polyball ,depending on how bouyant i need it to be.

Takes no longer than sticking them to a cork ball and i find that i have a lot more confidense knowing there is no glue anywhere near my rig.

If i don't need it popped up then it is just as many maggots that i can fit onto some baitfloss then tied to a d-ring.

If i want a medusa popped up or to zig rig with a medusa then this is how i go about it but with varring sizes of rig foam rather than a polyball ,depending on how bouyant i need it to be.

Takes no longer than sticking them to a cork ball and i find that i have a lot more confidense knowing there is no glue anywhere near my rig.

If i don't need it popped up then it is just as many maggots that i can fit onto some baitfloss then tied to a d-ring.

Im just sitting here trying to figure out how you can actually sew 10 - 20 odd maggots onto a polyball. I honestly just cant see it. It will be a new one on me when i get shown that, thats for sure :)

Im just sitting here trying to figure out how you can actually sew 10 - 20 odd maggots onto a polyball. I honestly just cant see it. It will be a new one on me when i get shown that, thats for sure :)

Rig Foam is a lot easier than a Polyball :wink:

sewing maggots ONTO a poly ball? Thats crazy talk.......

Read the post below very carefully.

If i want a medusa popped up or to zig rig with a medusa then this is how i go about it but with varring sizes of rig foam rather than a polyball ,depending on how bouyant i need it to be.Takes no longer than sticking them to a cork ball and i find that i have a lot more confidense knowing there is no glue anywhere near my rig.

Sewing them on is pretty simple really . Much easier than getting maggots glued to your fingers :lol:

You just thread real maggots on to some cotton using a sewing needle, adding either small slivers of foam or imitation pop up maggots for the tarts. :wink:

Then when you have enough on , say 20 or 30, you tie them onto a D - rig. :D

Sewing them on is pretty simple really . Much easier than getting maggots glued to your fingers :lol:

You just thread real maggots on to some cotton using a sewing needle, adding either small slivers of foam or imitation pop up maggots for the tarts. :wink:

Then when you have enough on , say 20 or 30, you tie them onto a D - rig. :D

Or once you have them on the thread, stick the needle through a foam ball, and keep repeating this process until you cant see the ball of foam, normaly works better with about 10. Then you just use the ball of maggots like you would a boilie and hair rig it!

• 3 weeks later...
I wound just use a maggot clip ( Korda) put on th hair rig same effect as a medusa jus easier !!!

sharpen the point on the clip though its not very sharp !!!!

<>

Chris

Sorry chris but i would not use the korda maggot clip even if i was paid to.

I did once buy a packet and they got chucked into the bin within a few mins of opening the pack.

Presentaion in my oppinion is not a patch on other methods of fishing the medusa and certainly not easier to make.

The most disturbing thing about them i feel they could be incredibally unsafe and would cause untold damage to a fish if one was to open during the fight.