fishing in weedy condition

51 minutes ago, andywilson123 said:

What's your go-to rig setup for fishing in weedy conditions?

It really depends what's in front of me, usually strong line, and look for where they are feeding, I've found some great clearer spots by locating bubblers, I've also then prebaited some of those spots with good results. I now try and let the fish guide me, raking can work a treat too, but try to be discreet with it other wise you are doing hard work for others to reap the rewards. 

13 hours ago, andywilson123 said:

What's your go-to rig setup for fishing in weedy conditions?

My rigs are the same as I normally use, a D-rig or rig ring on the hookshank for pop-ups, a Multi-rig for snowman baits.

I still use run rings, but if the weed is bad over silt I will use the lead on a 150mm lead link of 20lb clear Amnesia.

On the syndicate lake I have tried raking swims, the carp avoid the spot, let them clear it by feeding and they are happy to keep coming back to it.

As an add I DO NOT like helicopter setups in weed, too many missed or funny takes over 30years of fishing.

Chod rigs work well for me fishing on top of the weed, im not worried about fishing the chod 3,4,5ft up the leader with a light lead. That lead will plug in the weed and become a lot heavier, itll also drop off easier. I use the C clip way of attaching them. 

If I find clearer spots then drop off run rigs as per usual for me. Strong line and if a fish gets weeded just keep constant pressure with the rod as high as possible. I have always found the fish start moving, it might be millimetres at a time but theyll come. Last resort is putting the rod back and slackening off a bit imo. 

I have just started using braid so cant say it's better or not but all of the above has worked fine for me with heavy mono lines.