Best & accurate weather app πŸ‘Œ

MRVIIX

I use Metoffice on my phone as well as the app installed by Samsung as well as checking BBC regularly.

All 3 are giving wet weather for at least one day this weekend.

Β 

I've noticed that forecasts are changing regularly, I can check for 2 or 3 days ahead, then 24 hours later get a totally different forecast.

Β 

16 minutes ago, Higham1987 said:

Β just as good as any other

Most apps and services use the same weather stations so for the most part they're all the same in terms of accuracy. I believe Met Office invite civilians to submit data from their personal weather stations to add to the data set. No idea if it makes a difference or not.

I've used all sorts over the years but now just go by the BBC. Let's face it, the weather here can change at the drop of a hat so no-one can really have massive confidence in the longer range data.

8 minutes ago, yonny said:

Most apps and services use the same weather stations so for the most part they're all the same in terms of accuracy. I believe Met Office invite civilians to submit data from their personal weather stations to add to the data set. No idea if it makes a difference or not.

I've used all sorts over the years but now just go by the BBC. Let's face it, the weather here can change at the drop of a hat so no-one can really have massive confidence in the longer range data.

I'm honestly finding Met Office totally different to the BBC, can't understand why, MET Office saying next to no rain this week, BBC says raining daily.Β  MET Office is the one thats proving to be more accurate at the moment, or it has been on my trips so far, strange!

Unless my data for BBC is not refreshing from when I looked days before?

Edited by kevtaylor

On 23/04/2024 at 12:10, kevtaylor said:

I'm honestly finding Met Office totally different to the BBC, can't understand why, MET Office saying next to no rain this week, BBC says raining daily.Β  MET Office is the one thats proving to be more accurate at the moment, or it has been on my trips so far, strange!

Unless my data for BBC is not refreshing from when I looked days before?

It's not just you, I've had totally different forecasts from the BBC to MetOffice.

Β 

Β 

FB_IMG_1714065786147.jpg