Barrow recommendations

Hi

I have a £150 budget and I'm looking for a barrow for 2 or 3 day night sessions I don't have tons of gear please could some of you recommend me something

I have been looking at the ngt 2 wheeeler bit I know there a low price company

TIA guys

Carp Porter have been making them the longest - had mine many years Mk2 Wideboy, cant see me changing it, the Nash and Fox ones look just as good, whether they are I wouldn't know tbh

You should get a decent Mk2 Standard 2nd hand I'd imagine - maybe a new one for that money.

I'm thinking about a barrow conversion kit for mine rather than buying a whole new barrow, but then I need the exercise - but it's nearly killing me off lol

Porter lite 

But That does depend on what you take 

I can easily get enough gear for a weekend on it just need to stack correctly

plus there is plenty of additions should you need them to upgrade after 

range from 130- 160 new

I also have a 4S and never used it 

Edited by framey

13 hours ago, MRVIIX said:

Hi

I have a £150 budget and I'm looking for a barrow for 2 or 3 day night sessions I don't have tons of gear please could some of you recommend me something

TIA guys

I can't remember how long Carp Porter have been around, but I can remember Bruce Lait having one when we fished at Taverham and that was back around 2000!

I'm in the Carp Porter Porterlite group, and it does get used for pike, roach and carp gear when a walk is on the cards, although the gear for a 4 or 5 day session with Sky takes two trips.

It is used and abused.

10 hours ago, MRVIIX said:

Just found a carp porter mk2 fatboy local to me for £130 is that a good price ? 

At that price, have a good look, then snap it up. Paint may be worn off or chipping, but as long as the metalwork is good it's a bargain. 

On the Carp Porter website I do know they do spares and parts, so if you need a new drop-in bag, locking screws etc you should be able to pick them up.

On 21/03/2024 at 19:11, MRVIIX said:

Hi

TIA guys

I've just had a look on Facebook Marketplace and found several carp barrows available. A Carp Porter Mk11 Wideboy in as new condition, complete with the uderslung carrier thingy, for £150 was among them.

If I didn't already own one I'd be on my way to buy it.

Ian.