River time

salokcinnodrog

Been too hot and uncomfortable to fish the lake for a few weeks, so I've been spending some time on The River Wensum in Norfolk.

Last night was proper chub time, a 5lb3oz beast caught on a 15mm Rod Hutchinson Monster Crab boilie over pellets.

Despite the lack of smile I was chuffed with the fish as it is actually a new personal best by an ounce. For the rest of the night I was smiling as I replayed the fish in my head.

It came from an area that has been ravaged by otters over the past few years so it is good to see some big fish still about

FB_IMG_1658224128375.jpg

FB_IMG_1658224136863.jpg

44 minutes ago, framey said:

Well done nick 

my favourite species without doubt

I pretty much ignored chub last year, I think the carp syndicate had its claws into me, but the hot weather this year meant that I didn't want to be at the lake.

I've been doing 2 trips a week overnight on the river for chub and maybe a barbel, not even casting in until after sunset, and packing up around 6am. This was my first fish from the stretch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2022 at 21:18, salokcinnodrog said:

I pretty much ignored chub last year, I think the carp syndicate had its claws into me, but the hot weather this year meant that I didn't want to be at the lake.

I've been doing 2 trips a week overnight on the river for chub and maybe a barbel, not even casting in until after sunset, and packing up around 6am. This was my first fish from the stretch.

Well done Nick , a double whammy - a new P.B. , and the Otters haven't decimated that stretch of the River ;  are you still on the River , Nick ? .

I noticed the other day that there's a Facebook group " Save The Gipping " , maybe you are on there already ? .

😃