Evesham Vale

Just wondered if anyone has fished this water recently. Need somewhere to take the nipper as shes bugging me to go night fishing so need a bit of a runs water to build her confidence and stop the boredom setting in.

My local waters soul destroying so probably not the best place unless you want a good nights sleep :lol:

Me and a mate have fished the VALE 4 times so far and i would definitely go back.

We've only had maybe 10 fish in the four times but theyre cracking fish.

If you can cast far then aim for the far bank its probably 150+ yards so not easy.

Failing that bait an area with ALOT of bait and fish over it, their are no features in the lake or on the lake bed so you have to draw them to you and keep them there so people tend to fish over large beds of bait.

Last time i went i saw two lads take about 20 carp in a 24hour session and they fished over probably 10KG's of bait :shock:

I wouldnt say its a runs water but you should have a good chance of catching a couple.

Let us know how you get on mate, i may do another weekender there soon.

Oh also theres a great pizza place near by which will deliver to the gates if you ask them nicely :)

I fished there with two mates on a 48hrs session in may, we had three fish. The weather was very hot. i spoke to alot of people on the lake who had fished there before and had more than 20fish in 48hrs. There was some lads fishing zigs with a sloppy spod mix they caught loads of good fish. they used red maggotts zigged. the far bank is too far to cast unless you have very heavy gear then you can not get bait there. no boats are allowed.

I plan to go back with my son to get him into carping, the bailiff is a great bloke and wil help they also promote kids learning to fish. I hope this little bit of info helps. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from fishing Evesham Vale and those who are interested in going there I would think twice.

Its a great looking secure place but its experienced a MASSIVE fry explosion, there being littery a 2 or 3 dozen(believe me this is no exaggeration) of 3 to 6 inch carp in every swim. Tried fishing with larger baits but even though the tiddlers couldnt quite get the bait in their mouths they could shift it about enough to make the bobbins continually dance.

While I was packing away I set the nipper up with a float and a haired 10mm boilie to keep her out of mischief and I recon in the hour or so it took to pack she had about 40 odd mince pies(sorry too small for pasties :lol: ).

The baliff did say they were going to net the water(great bloke by the way) so it may improve but check first, especially if travelling a good distance.

did you have any trouble with the birds taking your bait off the bottom? when i went i was firing boilies out and the [censored]s was diving down in 7ft of water and pinching them lol. i had a run on my one rod and thought ok its a small carp and it wasnt until it poped its head up in the margin i realised it was a bird lol :lol:

If anyone one is thinking of fishing this place , my advice would be dont as its the biggest rip off going . Their website states its 11 acres and has a stock of 1000 carp between low doubles to high twenties and is a top runs water , and they charge £20 for 24 hours for 2 rods .

Having just got back from there having booked 2 days for myself and a couple of mates and only doing 1 night before pulling off all I can say is I am disgusted . Between about 25 anglers fishing the place there was 25 carp caught with 2 doubles and the rest singles all from 3-6lb and there are 1000s and 1000s of carp 6" to about 1/2lb everywhere . A landing net left in the margins with a few pellets in produced 38 of these 5 minutes later when lifted out . When I pulled the bailiff to ask where these 1000 doubles and twenties were his reply was " well because of the fry problem the rest of the carp have lost weight " . How a double can drop to 3 or 4lb without dieing is beyond me , but even stranger its how they can miraculously get shorter as well .

So my advice would be to stay well clear of the place unless your happy to pay £40 for 2 days of catching 3-6lbers

If anyone one is thinking of fishing this place , my advice would be dont as its the biggest rip off going . Their website states its 11 acres and has a stock of 1000 carp between low doubles to high twenties and is a top runs water , and they charge £20 for 24 hours for 2 rods .

Having just got back from there having booked 2 days for myself and a couple of mates and only doing 1 night before pulling off all I can say is I am disgusted . Between about 25 anglers fishing the place there was 25 carp caught with 2 doubles and the rest singles all from 3-6lb and there are 1000s and 1000s of carp 6" to about 1/2lb everywhere . A landing net left in the margins with a few pellets in produced 38 of these 5 minutes later when lifted out . When I pulled the bailiff to ask where these 1000 doubles and twenties were his reply was " well because of the fry problem the rest of the carp have lost weight " . How a double can drop to 3 or 4lb without dieing is beyond me , but even stranger its how they can miraculously get shorter as well .

So my advice would be to stay well clear of the place unless your happy to pay £40 for 2 days of catching 3-6lbers

I've heard much the same. Some of us from another forum were planning a 48 hour social on there until 3 of the guys did a weekend on there. The social is now postponed until we can find a proper venue. I think they'd better do something about the fry explosion soon or the word will get around with resultant damage to the reputation of the fishery. Damn shame, really.

Ian

I've heard much the same. Some of us from another forum were planning a 48 hour social on there until 3 of the guys did a weekend on there. The social is now postponed until we can find a proper venue. I think they'd better do something about the fry explosion soon or the word will get around with resultant damage to the reputation of the fishery. Damn shame, really.

Ian

Their other water in the Cotswalds, Wildmoor, is ok. Went there in June for 2 nights and no fry or bird problem. I dont like recomending places as what one person likes another may not, but given the choice i would go there tomorrow :wink:

been to evevasham vale runs water (ha ha ha lol ) did two 48hr sessions caudht carp both times 14lb first time , then 2 about 10lb second time , the place is nice and it is secure but where r the fish they advertise , place was full and only three of us had carp ?. Had the same bull***t with a pool in nether whitacare i caught a 19lb ghostie and they advertised it was 27lb which would be my PB but why cheat its all down to money and yes nobby at evesham is an alright geezer so 2 is ted at the other pool but its my time and money being wasted fishing for bulls***t and its carp i want to catch still looking for decent and truthfull stock to fish not to be caught myself with a hookfull of s**t pellets just to pocket my money !

Went to Evesham Vale weekend before last with a couple of mates.1st time there and the last.Was going to be a 48hr session but we pulled out on Sat.As previously said,the place has thousands of small carp up to 6ins.Advertised as having 1000 carp from mid doubles to 20lb+.Out of all the anglers there only 2 carp caught were small doubles,all the rest were carp up to around the 6lb mark.£40 for 48hrs to catch fish no bigger than 6lb,no thanks and never again.

I don't think i have ever cut short a fishing session before but on this occasion i was glad to leave.

The bailiff did have a good sense of humour though,telling my mate that the small fry had caused the bigger fish to loose weight.We weren't laughing.

I might add that the bailiff seemed a decent bloke,after all,he only looks after the place and doesn't own it.

i think the bigger fish would lose weight with a big outbreak of fry as their wouldnt be a great deal for them to eat. you think them 6inch carp will be like phirannas and anything that goes in is gonna get muched and the bigger fish arent gonna get a sniff cos they dont go rushing in like the small ones do. :D

Paul, yes they will lose weight but to drop from doubles up down to 4/6lb just aint on mate any carp losing that much weight would be very dead. :lol:

lol, also quite likely to look more like a scabard fish unless it found a way to hack a few inches out of its own length :roll:

Paul I know that you had 5 doubles upto 13lb mate but look at what is happening now and what everybody else is saying about it on all the forums now. It is crap if you want to spend £20 for 24hrs of pastie bashing then its great but the fish they state are in the water just aint coming out. When we were up there 20 anglers had 2 double figure fish and they say there are over 1000 in there come on mate what do you really think. I had 6 fish one about 9/10 lb and the rest were no bigger than 4lb.

strange how 90% of people fished evesham have the same outcome , proberly is upper doubles but considering that it only openned last year the bigger ones wise up lets face it it is pressured people hopin 4 some runs as advertised 4 the size of the lake the balance is not right ot be a carp runs water, match pools have better days on the noddy stick were all geared up to catch pasties with no filling ? before the fry explosion it never fished well b~~~ocks to fish losing weight , with the amount of boiles and stuff goin in they be gaining weight even if they r not f1 or f2 bad water management any i who fishes it at the moment or the next 2 years at least is wasting money , carp fishing is all about money now adays and bull s**t sells

• 2 months later...

Gutted to be reading all this bad press about a venue i was hoping to re visit this winter as its too busy during the summer had one nice fish of 17lb 7 out of the water in feb an nothing to really add to that all summer bad venues an bad fishing by me to blame can anyone recommend a midlands venue that could produce a nice carp this winter

werent you down there with jez mate?? told me some horror stories when he came and had a beer with me on my water few weeks ago, and then you moved off??? enough said for me mate :wink:

Yes I was and it's the first time in my 17yrs of fishing I've fisnished a session the day before I was planning to. :evil: Still these things have to be tried.