Deeper unfished lake

Anerki

So this year I plan to fish an unpressured lake. It's a small lake but it's 25 ft at the depths and between 4 and 10 ft in the margins. There is a flowing stream into the lake in the 4ft margin area. I'm thinking of putting bait there with a ronnie rig but does anyone have any tips for fishing the deeper waters? Also there are only around 9 carp I have seen on the surface there but they just do not take off the surface. It's obviously unstocked and unpressured, hardly anyone fishes there. My pb of 17lb came from there around 6 years ago and i know there is a 26 in there which was also caught around that time. I think now there is a 30 in there and I plan on doing many weekends to log every carp from there i can this year but deep water fishing is not an easy task and any advice would be appreciated.

Fish the margins is my advice. Bait up regularly and get them confident on feeding on your bait and a spot. 
also remember these fish live in the lake. They are used to the depth. They will feed on the bottom in 25ft. 
I’ve had relatively unpressured fish on boilies, hi viz pop-ups, etc. just prebait consistently with the same bait.

I don’t know where abouts you’re based but normally the deeper lakes work on a different time cycle, they’ll be a month or so behind everywhere else. The fish will wake up later, spawn later and the water temps will stay higher late in to the year. 

All good points above.

All I would reiterate is that 25ft is only an issue to you- the fish know no different, if the food is down there they will find and eat it.  As with any bottom areas do make sure you choose a nice area to begin with, clean, smooth and not smelly, sniff the lead.

If casting and spodding to clips be sure to allow for the drop this is important on deep water, I subtract a third of the depth for the spod measurement, works for me but people are different.

Good luck 👍

16 hours ago, Anerki said:

It's a small lake but it's 25 ft at the depths and between 4 and 10 ft in the margins.

I'd wait until March then hammer them when they come into the margins as the weather warms up👍

16 hours ago, Anerki said:

It's obviously unstocked and unpressured

Pre-bait with corn, hemp and boilies. The corn/hemp is just there to get them on the boilies so as soon as the boiled baits are being taken ditch the corn/hemp. Don't go crazy with the bait though, I find it's MUCH harder to get them feeding on big beds in the margins. Just a few handfuls will do. If no-one fishes the place you should be able to most of them pretty quickly. Might pay to have a couple of spots on the go as margin spots do tend to blow pretty soon after a fish or 3.......