Long term tackle reviews (the good bits)

Hi guys just thought you may have some items you can't live without now, and want to share your favourite items of tackle or whatever 

I've used ESP butt grips now for a few years had a large set for Cork rods and now just got some medium for my shrink handled rods and they fit nice and snug,I know they will stop my rods getting pulled in as they will grip them firmly, they have a metal screw which to me is vital as the plastic threads just get ruined after a while, and they are simple, look nice and, do what they are meant too, the best bit is the price £11.99 for 3 on ebay, and they last a long time, simple, no frills and reliable and at a decent price 

My items I could live without? Hmmm… my Steve Neville buzzers, I had a set years ago, until my ex wife snapped them off the bank sticks in a strop. I replaced them with fox micron Mx alarms, which did the job, (I have absolutely no idea where they are now!) they were replaced with Delkim EVs, which although weren’t bad, I had two out of four that packed up in the rain, although Delkim replaced them no questions asked. I brought a set of nash sirens for my boy, but he soon got the delks as they had too many buttons and options! So I got another set of Steve Neville alarms and I’ve never been happier with them. I’ve got a set of fox torque 12ft 3lb tc rods, which my partner (now wife) brought me to replace a set of sonik sks black rods, (two of which I snapped going for a long chuck!🙄) and they are probably the nicest rods I’ve ever used, they are perfectly balanced and weighted for me, and I think that the tackle has to suit the owner, rather than just buying anything. I learnt that sea fishing. My beach rods are Leeda icon elite match 13ft 10” and I can cast them as I can get them to load properly, whereas stiffer rods, I can’t fully load the cast so lose distance. I’ve coupled the carp rods with fox 12000 reels, again, I can’t fault them. I replaced a set of diawa crosscasts with them, and can’t see them being replaced anytime soon. Smooth action, silky clutch, effortless casting as far as I can throw it, balanced lovely with the rods. I’m a fox convert! My sonik rods and Diawa reels have followed the delks into my sons rod hold-all.