How refreshing is it that this is all I need for a bit of drop shot fishing down the canal, got all spares in a little shoulder bag, mat and net clipped on - feels  like freedom.

Considering I fill my estate car completely for an overnighter carp fishing.

Great because I can go for an hour any day after work - who knew tiny perch could get you so excited lol

Screenshot_20210811-153251_Gallery.jpg

Edited by kevtaylor
Addition

I keep meaning to do much the same, back to basics down on the canal. Like many, I served my angling apprenticeship on local canals, there's no shortage of them near Birmingham!

Oh, and I still remember when small perch were things of wonder. Kev, I wish you all good luck in your venture.

Ian.

On 11/08/2021 at 16:53, welder said:

I keep meaning to do much the same, back to basics down on the canal. Like many, I served my angling apprenticeship on local canals, there's no shortage of them near Birmingham!

Oh, and I still remember when small perch were things of wonder. Kev, I wish you all good luck in your venture.

Ian.

Thanks Ian - had 3 quick goes this week all in different locations, had a small pike and perch, then 2 perch and last night 3 zander.  All great fun hoping to get down again tonight it's addictive, got another area to try! 😂👍