Subsonik line - any opinions or reviews?

As the topic - anyone used the new subsonik line yet? The claims are bold; just wondering how it fares against the like of ESP loaded XT or Berkley CM90?

Sonik get great reviews in other products, so I expect the line to be pretty good. If it lives upo to the marketing, exceptional perhaps?

What do you think?

• 1 month later...
On 16/07/2021 at 13:59, dalej2014 said:

As the topic - anyone used the new subsonik line yet? The claims are bold; just wondering how it fares against the like of ESP loaded XT or Berkley CM90?

Sonik get great reviews in other products, so I expect the line to be pretty good. If it lives upo to the marketing, exceptional perhaps?

What do you think?

I've got mine on order in 15lb Camo, hopefully be here soon for next week. 

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think?

It's soaking now, be on tomorrow morning. 

IMG-20210904-WA0018.thumb.jpeg.cfe458c665b5be4a565de4af9883c5a2.jpeg

Just watched that video you posted mate .... it could be me getting old , but there very young lads to be taking line advice from 😆. But even they opted for the 18lb which is still low diameter for 18lb ( same as the 15lb I use ) . It will be fine where no snags or weed are an  issue . Just looking at the range it looks to be aimed at fishing long where leader bans are in place & weed & abrasion aren't an issue. I've used similar lines in the past so talk from experience & lost fish !! The 18lb could be interesting for level line casting & giving it the beans, could be worth a test in the future. 

Just now, framey said:

I bought a spool of this a month ago for using as hook lengths for sea fishing 

I wanted maxima but they didn’t have any and this was the cheapest they had apart from the usual Chinese stinky winky 4.99 1000m spool jobs

its seems very limp and up to the job so far

They recommend Sonik Ultrasonik for Sea Fishing. 

Screenshot_20210905_182140.thumb.jpg.098582261b9a54411b8f7dac432fed25.jpg

Sonik SubSonik for Carp fishing

Screenshot_20210905_182202.thumb.jpg.787e8953465831a345f5868c3b141c6d.jpg

The Clear Ultrasonik maybe a decent Carp Line in 15lb.. 🤔🎣

What do you think?

On 18/08/2021 at 23:45, Kelvin85 said:

I've just spooled my reels with this and at first impressions it does seem good, very supple and went onto the spools perfect, will be giving it a proper test next week.

Well, the line has soaked for over 24hrs now, just spooled onto spare spools... I can honestly say it was 1 of the better lines I've put on, went on with ease, no curly wurly, no kinks nothing...Saturday when I arrive at the lake I'll give all 3 a good throw out before fishing. 

Screenshot_20210906_105549.thumb.jpg.5acd403ac1eb8e98d15a01951dd0ae58.jpg

Screenshot_20210906_105603.thumb.jpg.48845572090ad7894e808a9d92828cc1.jpg

A very small part of me thinks I should have gone the 18lb, but I still have enough left to do 1 more spool left on. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/09/2021 at 16:51, chillfactor said:

Just watched that video you posted mate .... it could be me getting old , but there very young lads to be taking line advice from 😆. But even they opted for the 18lb which is still low diameter for 18lb ( same as the 15lb I use ) . It will be fine where no snags or weed are an  issue . Just looking at the range it looks to be aimed at fishing long where leader bans are in place & weed & abrasion aren't an issue. I've used similar lines in the past so talk from experience & lost fish !! The 18lb could be interesting for level line casting & giving it the beans, could be worth a test in the future. 

I've ordered the 18lb and hopefully will be here this week, but much to the Wife's disapproval I said I'm out at weekend Saturday about 3pm to about 9am Sunday, all I got back was "What's the point in that, oooh do what you want"... 

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, craig1985 said:

I have a strong arm with a weight scale.  The line tested on two Palomar and Uni knots. Broke in the middle.

Definitely not the knots weakening the line then!

The Uni, Palomar and Clinch knots are supposed to be the strongest knots going with almost no loss of strength.

0.38 for a line is usually an 18lb rating, so some brands are still over-rating their lines, although newer co-polymer lines are higher strain than standard monofilament in the same diameter, and usually sink faster.