Spinner rig

Mattn750

On 07/02/2022 at 22:23, Highy said:

Check this out?.... 

On 08/02/2022 at 11:09, elmoputney said:

I quite like the look of that would solve my bait screw crisis 

Nice one 👍

Try it with a rig ring stopped by a hook bead on the hook shank😉

Then attach the pop-up  bait with floss or braid lighter tagged.

You can also do Joe Turnbulls version with a mono D

19 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Try it with a rig ring stopped by a hook bead on the hook shank😉

Then attach the pop-up  bait with floss or braid lighter tagged.

You can also do Joe Turnbulls version with a mono D

I quite like the idea of using a hair tbh just think you can make the hair a bit longer than a std Ronnie rig, 

I also think a d rig could work and have dabbled with the d rig aligners in the past, but they can be a bit faffy so that's another to thing to try thanks 

Tbh though my mind is filled with ways to use the boat at the minute and trying to think of a better edge than most will use , if I am going too the darkside I may as well do it properly 😬

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I quite like the idea of using a hair tbh just think you can make the hair a bit longer than a std Ronnie rig, 

I also think a d rig could work and have dabbled with the d rig aligners in the past, but they can be a bit faffy so that's another to thing to try thanks 

Tbh though my mind is filled with ways to use the boat at the minute and trying to think of a better edge than most will use , if I am going too the darkside I may as well do it properly 😬

One thing with pop-up rigs, I think that the hooking mechanics are often  different from bottom bait rigs (including snowman baits), because the carp may not be sucking, but mouthing the bait. They may suck the whole lot in, but a longer hair could see them not taking in the hook.

I know Brian Garner and Bill Cottam did have success on long haired pop-ups on The Mangrove though.

The Spinner and 360 rigs, or even any hinged pop-up rig should guarantee bottom lip hooking. I have had occasional top lip hook-ups with a straight through stiffer hooklink material, where I'm convinced the carp has closed its mouth over the pop-up facing away from me, I.e it is between the rod tip and the bait.