What’s the best....

Simon Hinson

I'd go with a helicopter set up as for rigs whatever to feel will reset itself the chod and it's many variants would be good but if you are aware of what the rig will be sitting on might want to go with something supple on a stiff boom.  my fav rig in weedy silt areas is a reverse combi fishing a pop up they are just a pig to tie so... 

1 hour ago, Simon Hinson said:

That’s true with my casting, still trying to get the hang of it. Out of ten casts normally one goes in the correct area. Which is costly an time consuming with pva bags. 

Go up the field with an empty bucket and practice it will soon come

in awnser to your question I’d use a reverse combi which I’ve used with a small pva bag 3-4 freebies and rest dog biscuits so it keeps the rig off the bottom it can settle natural as long as you find a clear spot

A small private pit owned by a farmer. Been told that there is some carp in there an some silver fish. But not sure how many bigger fish or what size. All I know is it’s a small pit an the bottom looks very weedy an there is no features. I have been pre baiting with sweet corn an it’s getting taken. But I haven’t seen by what yet. 

Does anyone else fish it? How big is it? 

If not keep it simple keep the bait going in and make the spots yourself, they will come if you bait it often enough, then just cast bags into the area when you are fishing it will soon firm up a bit 

Are using using your line clip when you cast? It does make being accurate a lot easier 

It’s not the biggest an it’s over grown on three side but there is two fishing pegs that have been fished from before. Last time I used the line clip the line snapped think I need to be more gentle when casting. I need to realise that you do not need to put as much force into the cast to get it to go a long way. When it snapped I had a big pva bag on as well. My casting does need to improve practice makes perfect. Surly this time of year it is a case of baiting up little an often so not to fill the carp up ??

22 minutes ago, Simon Hinson said:

It’s not the biggest an it’s over grown on three side but there is two fishing pegs that have been fished from before. Last time I used the line clip the line snapped think I need to be more gentle when casting. I need to realise that you do not need to put as much force into the cast to get it to go a long way. When it snapped I had a big pva bag on as well. My casting does need to improve practice makes perfect. Surly this time of year it is a case of baiting up little an often so not to fill the carp up ??

If you are the only one fishing at present you can afford to put a little bit in I would say, I heard today the 25 acre lake I fish is 10 degrees in places at the moment, so find the bit where the sun hits most and bait that, if it doesn't go cold again its not a bad time to start pre baiting a bit I don't think, I will be as soon as i form a plan 🙄

if it isn't going far you just need to be gentle with it, think finesse lol delicate, smooth and easy like a Sunday morning 😎🌞😁😂 

2 hours ago, Simon Hinson said:

A small private pit owned by a farmer. Been told that there is some carp in there an some silver fish. But not sure how many bigger fish or what size. All I know is it’s a small pit an the bottom looks very weedy an there is no features. I have been pre baiting with sweet corn an it’s getting taken. But I haven’t seen by what yet. 

There is your starting bait: sweetcorn. 

Personally, I go against the grain (sorry😖) and fish a run ring, but with a lead link; a length of 8-10lb mono with the lead attached to the end.

Normal hook length attached. 

Put the lead in the PVA bag, along with some pellets, and a few grains of sweetcorn, and keep the hooklink outside with the hook stuck in the corner of the bag. 

Be gentle casting, it doesn't need a hard whack, be smooth.