Rigmarole freefall braided tubing.

Choprider

Hello all, a quick question if anyone can help.

I am hopefully soon to be fishing a new syndicate that requires that I use 1 metre of rig tubing on my mainline, I already use tubing ( korda tungsten ) and I can manage to get 5 or 600 mm on my line before i lose the will to live. but  I have been told " Rigmarole freefall braided tubing " is easy to thread due to the stainless liner.. I am just about to order some and i see that they sell it in micro 0.5 mm and also wide 1.0 mm versions. I will be using line around the 0.33 diameter size and was wanting to know whether the 0.33 line will easily go into the 0.5 Rigmarole freefall braided tubing or do i need to get the wide 1.0 mm version..

Thanks for reading, Steve.

14 hours ago, Choprider said:

I will be using line around the 0.33 diameter size and was wanting to know whether the 0.33 line will easily go into the 0.5 Rigmarole freefall braided tubing or do i need to get the wide 1.0 mm version..

I use this stuff.

It's possible to get .40 line through the 0.5 but it's a ball ache. It's much easier to go for the wide stuff.

Go for the brown, not the green. It disappears on the deck even though it looks a bit bright and garish out of water.

On 13/01/2021 at 17:58, framey said:

Never used rig Marole version but I do use the Korda one 

I find if I cut the line to a point and use gravity to help the line go down along with a little twist of the line if it starts to stick I can manage around a metre.

I use .35 line

I've just found my pole elastic threader from years ago, a wire with an eye, no more struggles treading tubing 👍

14 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Are pole elastic threaders the same as the Gardner tubing threader things? I was thinking of getting a pole elastic threader as the tubing threaders are a bit short for my liking. I take it a pole threader will do the job with tubing? 

You've made me try the theory, it don't work lol - always thought it would if I could find the damn thing but it's a bit tight for the Korda stuff I'm messing with and that's easy to thread anyway 🤦‍♂️ forget it get the Gardner one if it's made for the job. 👍

The pole threader is just a 1+ metre wire with a loop one end, might try it on some others I can't usually get line through

On 14/01/2021 at 08:12, yonny said:

I use this stuff.

It's possible to get .40 line through the 0.5 but it's a ball ache. It's much easier to go for the wide stuff.

Go for the brown, not the green. It disappears on the deck even though it looks a bit bright and garish out of water.

I have had the wide stuff turn up.. it seems like good kit, I reckon you could thread 0.40 through it with your eyes shut and in minus 10 degrees whilst wearing gloves..  it sinks like a brick ( although I have yet to use it in anger.. hopefully we will be allowed out again soon ) I have ordered some of the micro free fall tube as well just to see what it’s like .. cheers.