Day ticket 48 hour lake required

elmoputney

Hi guys 

I'm thinking about trying to get my bro in law out for a 2 night session somewhere, in the week somewhere between cambs and the cotswolds 

Don't mind where really thinking 

Linear 

Stanwick 

Bluebell 

East Delph 

Norton Disney 

Somewhere like that with a chance of a few bites probably in October any ideas? Or suggestions I generally don't tend to fish these types of water but quite fancy having a go at something out the norm, and I wouldn't mind having to cast a bit further than normal, and doing some more active carping lol, 

Can vouch for Stanwicks and swan will do fish up to 20lb the only problem being the A45 right behind one side of the water, Mallard is a better water but might be busy but i think a lot of the summertime anglers will of dropped off by then? Elsons I have never fished but was going to this year until the covids turned up.

3 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Can vouch for Stanwicks and swan will do fish up to 20lb the only problem being the A45 right behind one side of the water, Mallard is a better water but might be busy but i think a lot of the summertime anglers will of dropped off by then? Elsons I have never fished but was going to this year until the covids turned up.

Cheers elsons was a nice place, I might have a look into it when we can get the dates sorted, lots of places do seem pretty booked though but hopefully there will be a vacancy or 2 somewhere 

Everywhere seems to be far busier than usual. I've just checked the Linear Site and B1 and B2 had 2 swims left, on a Tuesday at the end of September! A combination of a lot of people on furlough (or unemployed now) and the French holiday anglers staying closer to home. I know that peg booking lakes aren't everyone's cup of tea but I fish one quite regularly and really enjoy fishing there. At least you know you are guaranteed a swim and haven't wasted a journey or day off.

29 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

I know that peg booking lakes aren't everyone's cup of tea but I fish one quite regularly and really enjoy fishing there.

I think there is a big difference in booking onto a lake, and booking a specific peg. I'd not be interested in booking pegs, I'd sooner give up angling tbh. Can't be bothered sitting in a swim hoping the fish show up through blind luck.

I know what you're saying. The Lake is a combination of bays and islands and you're not casting more than 50 yards and every time I've been I've seen bubbling or crashing in every swim I fished. On a big pit I'm sure the fish move around in big packs but on smaller intimate venues, I think the fish are in more localised shoals and tend to stay resident in certain areas.

One of the myths in Carp fishing to me is that every fish is in one super shoal. I fish a local lake that is well stocked regularly and in the summer they are in the upper layers and I see them cruising about but only in groups of about a dozen. If I based my location on one "show", the area can be devoid for long periods.

Never been to a lake with pre booked swims, Bishops Bowl do a membership and you have to tell them what swim you are going to fish if you want to move you need to let them know your new peg number. another nice place in rural Warwick two of the pegs on mitre do an electric hook up and they will let a couple of caravans on mitre. 

I know you have stipulated Cambridgeshire area but is Norfolk out of the question, even Suffolk? 

I don't know much about Taverham Mills any more, fish wise, but I did breakdown almost every swim on there in a post on here. You paid your money, chose your swim, no swim booking and could move if need be. 

The other option I was thinking of is Suffolk Water Park Traditional lake. You may have to book an individual swim, I am not sure, but there are definitely some good fish in there. 

I hate being stuck in one swim, if the fish aren't there I do want to be able to move onto them

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks guys I will have a look at Suffolk water park and taverham Mills, have you ever been to catch 22 nick? 

Years ago back in the early 1990's it was known as Lyng Easthaugh pits and had a head of proper big old scaly carp over 30lb, real fish. 

When it was bought and stocked with the Dutch and Belgian commons I promised never to go back there. 

There were a number of Norfolk waters with those wary big old scaly's, Booton Clay Pit was another and Geens pit near Shropham. I believe they came from Redmire spawn and fry as in the 1970's some over spawning years saw Redmire fish come all the way over to Norfolk.