Rod tips ?

When cleaning my 4 cork handles i put the tips to one side and forgot one of them is a 3/25 tip the other 3 are 3lb looking at the tips I can’t tell them apart 🙄without going to the expense of buying a micrometer gauge any other ideas. ? 

20 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

When cleaning my 4 cork handles i put the tips to one side and forgot one of them is a 3/25 tip the other 3 are 3lb looking at the tips I can’t tell them apart 🙄without going to the expense of buying a micrometer gauge any other ideas. ? 

You could tie 4 identical leads onto the end of the tips, whichever flexed least is the 3 1/4lb 👍in theory anyway 😂

6 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

You could tie 4 identical leads onto the end of the tips, whichever flexed least is the 3 1/4lb 👍in theory anyway 😂

That not a bad idea

29 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

You keep 4 rods in your rod bag...? 

Don't think I've ever owned 4 rods at once. 

1 hour ago, Big Bass said:

Mark the tips to go with the bottom half with permanent marker dots once you have matched them back up 

you should always keep the tip and butt sections as a pair 

10 minutes ago, framey said:

Mark the tips to go with the bottom half with permanent marker dots once you have matched them back up 

you should always keep the tip and butt sections as a pair 

I did mark the tips but after 15+ years  of heavy use they kinda faded

1 hour ago, Highy said:

That not a bad idea

1 hour ago, Highy said:

That not a bad idea

The 3.25 is my marker and spod rod the other 3 are my carp rods. I also take a feeder rod and a small 6 ft spinner rod. .... you just don’t know when your going to need a particular rod 

33110384-C8C6-4E2A-AB1D-58BFAE54972D.jpeg