Rig ejection

salokcinnodrog

On 03/07/2020 at 08:10, sir axeman said:

If only we could spod (banned) pellets n corn out there that'd help to achieve a feeding frenzy situation.

I know this is an old thread, but it has some interesting comments from many people on it.

I've quoted a section of a post by @sir axeman about 'no spodding', and @elmoputney has a lovely reply, one of which I have used, as Brackens had a No Spodding rule, bait could only be put in via PVA.

However instead of just casting out with 1 PVA bag, I put a bed of bait out with them. I used to make up a load of PVA bags, (with a lead inside) and attach each one, lead and bag to a Breakaway Spinlink clip.

The key to making many rigs effective is location and baiting/feeding.

11 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I know this is an old thread, but it has some interesting comments from many people on it.

I've quoted a section of a post by @sir axeman about 'no spodding', and @elmoputney has a lovely reply, one of which I have used, as Brackens had a No Spodding rule, bait could only be put in via PVA.

However instead of just casting out with 1 PVA bag, I put a bed of bait out with them. I used to make up a load of PVA bags, (with a lead inside) and attach each one, lead and bag to a Breakaway Spinlink clip.

The key to making many rigs effective is location and baiting/feeding.

A day ticket water I fish responds to maggots in the colder months but they don’t allow you to spod them and theirs a limit of 3 pints.  I use a rig similar to solars pva rig but remove the quick change hook length then cast out several bags, hook back on and away you go. 

F939B798-5CF5-4B53-A95C-78B3EEBBFF51.jpeg