The very stiff hinged rig

elmoputney

38 minutes ago, commonly said:

If you're using small hooks it's tricky, but wet the end and give it a little twist, it will go. I sometimes struggle getting it through the slim anti tangle sleeves, but it does with a little practice.A thin bait needle can help sometimes 

I'm using size 4s maybe I need proper shark hooks, they aren't small eyes either, maybe the extreme is just too extreme, will keep having a play though, maybe the non extreme will be better to use, or I can find another use for it, 

36 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Try Gardner ultra skin stiff for your chod sections and hinge stiffs mate, after steaming there class and work as good as a filament on this rig. You’ve had some good fish lately mate simple and effective you know that 👍

I'm not buying anything else 😂 I already have a few chod filaments and fluoros 😳 

maybe next time 😏

That being said the cam h20 that's in the hydrolink is lovely to use just needs bending amd shaping  into place, 

On 21 June 2020 at 20:30, commonly said:

I found that a split shot stays in position, sometimes the putty can move or even come off! 

Extreme!! What's that all about?? 

Enjoy experimenting with it elmo

I have found that putty on mono or fluorocarbon hooklink materials can be a pain to make stick, especially bigger lumps. It will stick to braid, as long as you work it into the material, and it will hold around any knot or on tubing or around a swivel.

It is ok to mould around shrink or silicon tubing over the eye of a hook, like on a Ronnie rig.

I used mouse dropping pieces on a black Amnesia boom to keep it flat, even after a year or two in the rig bin (I have a few booms still tied), it would slide quite easily.

As much as I like putty for exact balancing or overweighting, it has limitations; especially since you can't use it in waters with crayfish in as the little gits actually sit picking it off.

My preferences are for weighting down are tungsten beads, olivettes or if it won't damage the line, split shot. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've been thinking why no shrinktube on a chod rig just like the old Withy rig could help keep the curve in the fluro. new a guy years back he could tie some real mean Withy rigs fine braid and some well worked shrinktube. he gave me one back in the nineties, i put it on an inline 😁 i was fishing a method feeder at the time so...