Atomic hooks

Hoof-Hearted

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the difference between atomic stinga hooks and sabre

I have a photo of the stinga hook on my phone and a pic of the sabre on my tablet and comparing them side by side I see no immediate difference!

Could the sabre be a wider gape??......I have asked the question direct at atomic 3 days ago but had no reply...thanks

Welcome to Carp.com

I hate to destroy your illusions, but a number of tackle brands all use the same factories to produce their gear, hooks are no exception. 

For example you may find Mustad make hooks for Atomic, Sabre, Nash etc, as well as their own brand.

Many hook patterns have been around for years, and have come around from different fishing areas, fly fishing, sea fishing, but carp fishing for changing rigs and switching to the latest fashion...

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Welcome to Carp.com

I hate to destroy your illusions, but a number of tackle brands all use the same factories to produce their gear, hooks are no exception. 

For example you may find Mustad make hooks for Atomic, Sabre, Nash etc, as well as their own brand.

Many hook patterns have been around for years, and have come around from different fishing areas, fly fishing, sea fishing, but carp fishing for changing rigs and switching to the latest fashion...

That’s all well and good but he was asking about 2 hooks from the same brand and what the difference is between the hook pattern 

from what I remember is the stinga is a thicker wire so making it their stronger hook For snag fishing 

Just had a quick look at a pic of both I would say the stinga is more a curve shank pattern as it has a more inturned eye amd the point is more angled in, and the other one looks like a continental style hook slight inturned eye straight shank and fairly straight point, 

Both will work but it depends on what you want to achieve from your rig 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2020 at 13:15, yonny said:

Decent hooks mate 👍

It was you that put me on them Yonny....I noticed you had a very fond preference for them in previous threads and I read nothing but good about them elsewhere...I have purchased grabba stinga and chodda on the strength of this and they do seem good hooks that I have yet to properly use..was now looking for a wide gape straight point hence my question on the sabre pattern...so thankyou.