Heli rig set up

pablo7uk

Could someone give me a step by step guide of components I need to make up a safe Heli rig. I've never used this set up before and although I understand the basic components of the set up I can only find either full kits to buy that use leadcore which I want to avoid or just the safety Heli clip for example korda. 

I've just bought some dark matter rig tubing originally not for this set up but wondered if I could get other components that would allow me to make use of this?

Thanks in advance

Paul

3 minutes ago, pablo7uk said:

When you say fluoro I assume you mean just the mainline? "Naked"? 😂

I mean with a fluoro leader buddy, which is still widely considered 'naked'. You can certainly do it with fluro mainline but I'm not a fan tbh.

On 12 May 2020 at 09:59, pablo7uk said:

Could someone give me a step by step guide of components I need to make up a safe Heli rig. I've never used this set up before and although I understand the basic components of the set up I can only find either full kits to buy that use leadcore which I want to avoid or just the safety Heli clip for example korda. 

I've just bought some dark matter rig tubing originally not for this set up but wondered if I could get other components that would allow me to make use of this?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Is this any use?

It is page 2 of a Chod rig thread:

There are some pictures on there, and I have used a ring swivel, but it is fallen flat

Please note, I do still make sure that if I have used a leader of any sort that the beads will go over my leader knot and the rig can follow.

• 7 months later...