Rod guide ring inserts?

49 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

My barrow tipped over a while back and the force shattered one ring. Don't think that you can buy the inner on it's own. I took the old eye down to my local tackle shop and they matched it up pretty well and I whipped and varnished it on.

I found some inserts on the bay but they weren't the right size unfortunately, which is usually the way when you want something specific 😳

If I was to bodge it myself would a 2.75lb be OK as a marker rod do we think? I quite fancy having a separate spod and marker this year 

28 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I found some inserts on the bay but they weren't the right size unfortunately, which is usually the way when you want something specific 😳

If I was to bodge it myself would a 2.75lb be OK as a marker rod do we think? I quite fancy having a separate spod and marker this year 

Yes 

I use a fishing rod as a marker carry 3 even when only able to use 2 and make it up as a marker

spare spool loaded with braid and a mark on the rod for a foot

2 minutes ago, framey said:

Yes 

I use a fishing rod as a marker carry 3 even when only able to use 2 and make it up as a marker

spare spool loaded with braid and a mark on the rod for a foot

It would mainly be a leading about rod tbh, to just find some features etc,then I am Considering purchasing a second hand fishspy for my spod rod just for a quick butchers to check to see what's really Down there 😳

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I use a 3lb tc g50 as my marker rod and it works fine, I can feel everything though the rod no problems, I have loaded my real with braid straight through no leader and a 3oz lead it work for me, so I think you should be fine with a 2.75lb tc.🎣🙂👍

2 hours ago, finchey said:

I use a 3lb tc g50 as my marker rod and it works fine, I can feel everything though the rod no problems, I have loaded my real with braid straight through no leader and a 3oz lead it work for me, so I think you should be fine with a 2.75lb tc.🎣🙂👍

Thanks will give it a try just saw some pink braid I quite liked the look of 😍😍😎😁

On 28 December 2019 at 10:23, elmoputney said:

Does anyone know where I can get just the insert please? If not maybe a cheap eye 

I need a 40mm one to fix an old rod, it's not worth getting it Re ringed but wouldn't mind if it was a cheap fix 

I am selling the rod and it isn't worth much so needs to be cheap 

Thanks in advance 

Elmo 

The inserts are not sold separately. If you find someone who has some, they have popped out of the rod ring😉

A new ring is often available through your tackle shop and is a fairly easy job to sort.