Christmas Present Help

Hmg1981

Hello!

Hoping someone may be able to help. My husband used to fish (years ago) and wants to start again. Unfortunately after numerous house moves he has lost most his fishing gear (most of which would probably be outdated I guess anyway?!)

I wanted to get him a rod for Christmas but don’t know where to start? What’s a good make? And what do you need as well as the rod? A reel I pressume?! PLEASE HELP!! I have NO idea! Is there a good brand? A good website??

Thank you!

if you want to buy him fishing tackle it would help to know what type of fishing he does (river, carp, match, pike) and your budget

a nice twin tip rod would suit quite a few fishing situations paired with a baitrunner type reel, but like the lads have said most anglers are extremely picky about the tackle they use

maybe ask at your local tackle shop if things are exchangeable

or what my missus does is get me a generic prezzy like some quality warm socks or some decent polarised sun glasses or a power bank to charge my numerous electrical devices

Like the others have said, Fishing tackle is personal, you really need to know exactly what he wants, and it is too easy to get wrong.

The only way my family buy me any tackle is if I have told them a stock number, model number, and I don't want an alternative!