Hovering bird of prey

I’m rubbish at wildlife so need some help. On the way to the lake this morning it’s a 10min drive along a marsh land i seen a bird of prey hovering that was a lot bigger than the Kestrels we have down there. It was a blowy morning but it was definitely hovering any ideas 🤔

1 minute ago, snowmanstevo said:

And we have plenty down the marshes,mate. Was an impressive sight,mate. 😎

They're frequently seen over our village, Stevo. You've met Alan, my son. He's into hawks in a big way and tells me that the larger predators such as buzzards and kites are growing in number, year on year. I love them!

Ian.

2 minutes ago, welder said:

They're frequently seen over our village, Stevo. You've met Alan, my son. He's into hawks in a big way and tells me that the larger predators such as buzzards and kites are growing in number, year on year. I love them!

Ian.

There certainly impressive to watch,Ian.

43 minutes ago, welder said:

Ian.

I've always travelled up and down the m4 for work and 20 years ago i would start to see the kites once i got close to oxford.

Now as soon as you join at the m25 you see them.

Lovely looking creatures. 

47 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I've always travelled up and down the m4 for work and 20 years ago i would start to see the kites once i got close to oxford.

Now as soon as you join at the m25 you see them.

Lovely looking creatures. 

Mufty, got to agree that kites are lovely to behold. Earlier this year I was fishing the tiny River Alne near Alcester and had the joy of watching  two adult kites encouraging a youngster to do what they did.. The calling was fascinating.

Ian.

There's Buzzards where I fish in Suffolk , Welder , they always circle high in the sky with a very distinctive call ; only trouble is I need a proper camera , rather than my 'phone , set up on a tripod ready to roll - the Buzzards don't hang around very long .

Don't get me started on the Kingfishers , stand still , dam it !  , although they're beautiful in flight .