August catches

muftyboy

3 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Got back from France last night.

Tough week with Temps high 30s and not a breath of wind.

Had a 43lb 1st night and then lost 2 on Sunday morning and  not another bite until Thursday afternoon when we finally got a nice breeze on the lake.

Had 2 Thursday afternoon and then 3 in a couple of hours at 1st light on Friday. 

Then about 11, 30 I hooked into what feltlike a proper lump.

Hook pulled after a couple of minutes.

Was gutted and actually said to my mate that that was my last chance as the Temps were rocketing again.

I was right as I didn't have another bleep. 

IMG-20190830-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190830-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190830-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190829-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190830-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190824-WA0011.jpg

Well in Mufty...Cracking Fish...its on my bucket list to do a week in France.

On 01/09/2019 at 16:19, Highy said:

Well in Mufty...Cracking Fish...its on my bucket list to do a week in France.

Get one booked up mate.

Most places take bookings well in advance so you could book now for 2 or 3 years time .

Also most places you pay the deposit when you book and then pay the rest a few months before you are due to go so gives you plenty of time to put a few quid away a week so it doesn't seem so expensive. 

On 02/09/2019 at 08:35, commonly said:

Nice one geez.

You didn't blank, so good for you and some lovely looking fish too. 

I wasn't gonna put the rods out the 1st night but at about 7,30 i saw a big crash in the far margin in front of me so put a rod on it and it went within 20 mins.

When it got to Wednesday I was so glad I did coz I really didn't think I was gonna get another.

Still got to spend a week with my old man which is rare these days so all good whatever happened.

18 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Great session muft ... been tough going in France this year with the heat .

I'm hoping come October there be in need of a good feed 🤞

I'll certainly never book in August again mate.

Where are you off to in October? .

I'm sure you'll smash it mate.

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

Where are you off to in October? .

I'm sure you'll smash it mate.

We went in August a couple of years ago 40°c & fishing was tough .

Heading to a new place in October mate ,  Chalet lake on the carp fishers abroad site . 3 of us on the 20 acre lake , got some absolute banging commons to try for . It's near Metz so still a bit of a drive,  the only rules are leave nothing but footprints .... and you won't see anyone else all week no bailiff etc  😎

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

We went in August a couple of years ago 40°c & fishing was tough .

Heading to a new place in October mate ,  Chalet lake on the carp fishers abroad site . 3 of us on the 20 acre lake , got some absolute banging commons to try for . It's near Metz so still a bit of a drive,  the only rules are leave nothing but footprints .... and you won't see anyone else all week no bailiff etc  😎

Sounds wicked mate.

I'm gonna have a butchers on the website.

12 hours ago, muftyboy said:

I've traditionally gone in July as the wife comes with me, we rent a Gite and the nice weather gives her something to look forward to.

But with mates on a drive 'n survive I'll never go in July again. Temps in the mid 30's, way too hot, and plagued by mozzies. Had to sleep in the car on a couple of nights to get away from them they were that bad.

I've booked early June for next year and looking at May the year after. Only problem with May is that we may run into spawning. 

I'd love to go in September but my work don't allow holidays during that month....🙄