Deal Breakers

Carpbell_ll

10 hours ago, oscsha said:

@smufter out of interest what happens if you want to stay longer than booked but someone else has booked your swim and the carp are in your area ?

I'd vacate the swim and wish the new guy coming in all the best! I get what you mean, but I only fish set sessions anyway. No real difference to fishing a day ticket water with set times of 7 til 7. 

I'm not a great one for lakes with loads of rules, for my fishing. This may have changed over time, but rules are in place usually to cater for the 'most stupid' denominator or the 'idiot factor', although idiots are usually idiots whether they follow the rules or not. At least with rules in place they can be safely removed...

If the rules state no leaders, no leadcore I'm happy enough, doesn't affect my fishing.

My biggest turn-off is as others have said, being booked or stuck in a swim, although Smufter's lake with the common sense rules on that, that appear to have been carefully applied does still sound very attractive.

On Suffolk Water Park, I don't like being stuck in a swim, not being able to move. If I arrive on Monday, set up on showing fish, and by Tuesday they have moved, so would I, but you are booked into a swim and may be stuck.