Korda IQ D-Rig

crusian

I started stiff rigs with IQ2,  it can fray if snagged on certain underwater features, but most hook link materials would deteriorate too. There are previous topics on it mate. 

Have to say it's been left in the garage, once I saw rigmarole version, no need to steam it straight, just pull tight and it's perfect. I prefer the hydrolink in there range, it is far more versatile for different rig types. 

Give it a go! It's a preference thing I guess? 

10 hours ago, crusian said:

I've never used a flurocarbon hooklink , I'm particularly wondering how abrasion resistant it would be around snags ? .

Like any fluoro/stiff hooklink it works well on clean substrates with a lead clip. I wouldn't use it on dirtier spots, even with a heli set up. Abrasion resistance is better than mono so should be ok around snags within reason.

10 hours ago, crusian said:

I came across the above rig at a boot sale  , and thought it might be worth a go 

I'm not sure that's the right reason to use a rig mate.

Have a think about what you're trying to achieve. Assess the spot and select the rig that presents/acts most effectively on the substrate👍

21 hours ago, commonly said:

I started stiff rigs with IQ2,  it can fray if snagged on certain underwater features, but most hook link materials would deteriorate too. There are previous topics on it mate. 

Have to say it's been left in the garage, once I saw rigmarole version, no need to steam it straight, just pull tight and it's perfect. I prefer the hydrolink in there range, it is far more versatile for different rig types. 

Give it a go! It's a preference thing I guess? 

13 hours ago, yonny said:

Like any fluoro/stiff hooklink it works well on clean substrates with a lead clip. I wouldn't use it on dirtier spots, even with a heli set up. Abrasion resistance is better than mono so should be ok around snags within reason.

I'm not sure that's the right reason to use a rig mate.

Have a think about what you're trying to achieve. Assess the spot and select the rig that presents/acts most effectively on the substrate👍

Thanks very much fellas .

I'll stick to my ESP Semi Stiff Tungsten Loaded .

😃