Rod request?

Guys.  A friend of mine is re-taking up carp fishing and has asked me to recommend a 12'' rod for around £100. He will not be casting to the horizon, so will need 3lb to 3.25lb test so ova bags and such are possible. Now I've been out of the buying scene since I brought my Scopes, so can anyone come up with a few suggestions please? He could go to £125 if pushed.  Thanks all Rich.

Wolf are the new name for the x owners of the fox brand before they sold out 

the rods are built usIng mark tunleys specs.

In regards to the soniks

needs to go in to a local tackle shop and have a play to find which ones feel right to him 

I couldn’t fault the sk4s I had years ago I ended up with 9 of them.

7 hours ago, Dicky123 said:

Guys.  A friend of mine is re-taking up carp fishing and has asked me to recommend a 12'' rod for around £100. He will not be casting to the horizon, so will need 3lb to 3.25lb test so ova bags and such are possible. Now I've been out of the buying scene since I brought my Scopes, so can anyone come up with a few suggestions please? He could go to £125 if pushed.  Thanks all Rich.

The price range of between £100.00-£125.00 has got to be the most hotly contested around, with most of the big brands offering decent rods.

As Framey suggests above, a visit to a well stocked tackle shop will be your best bet, there's nothing like actually holding a rod in your hands.

Personally, I like Wychwood rods. I think they are great value for money and the new "Extremis" read well and are competitively priced. 

But get out and have a look if you can.

11 minutes ago, Dicky123 said:

The Shimano tribal velocity seems to have good reviews guys'. And as mentioned the Wychwood Extremis, 3.25lb is what I'm suggesting to him as he likes *** work on runs waters it seems?

Tribal Velocity's are quite a good rod Dicky, but they are a bit heavier than others. Not much, but noticeable. I've used them before.

In answer to your earlier question, I've not used the Extremis rods, but Wychwood rods in general are well respected for the price.

13 minutes ago, Dicky123 said:

The Shimano tribal velocity seems to have good reviews guys'. And as mentioned the Wychwood Extremis, 3.25lb is what I'm suggesting to him as he likes *** work on runs waters it seems?

I've got them in 3lb and they are nice rods mate. 

Personally if I was your friend I'd get a set 2.75lb rods for general all rounders. They will be fine casting pva bags unless he is whacking them out. 

Years ago I remember 2.5 - 2.75lb tc rods were best all rounders but now I've seen a trend in heavier tc rods being the norm.. Whatever floats your boat I suppose lol 

On 20 June 2019 at 20:44, Dicky123 said:

To be honest, I would reckon 2.75-3lb Tc rods will do the job nicely, and you are in the 'mid' range price bracket.

3.25 is a long chuck rod, from Korda fashion...😖😉😆

Look at the Wolf X rods, I have used and played with them, they will do the job nicely in 2.75 or 3lb.