Carp Barrow

10 hours ago, Daleedgy said:

Hi all

I'm looking at investing in a new barrow and cant seem to find much good under £150, 

My old one was a cheap thing that just fell to bits

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good hard wearing Barrow regardless of the price 

Cheers

£150 , look secondhand, that sort of money should cover most out their .

32 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Has anyone looked at the £46.99 rocwood one on ebay looks a good smallish barrow for the money but that's just looking at the pics of it, not sure if it actually would be any good 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362021763721

I've actually got this barrow I wanted a cheap budget barrow, I use it all the time for day sessions only, it is quite small but for the money I actually think it's a bargain. 

I find it plenty big enough for my needs, I think it would do me for longer sessions but I don't have a massive amount of gear compared to other angler's. 

The only thing I would change is the size of the wheel, I keep saying to myself I'm going to put a larger wheel on but I've not got around to it yet. 👍

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks that's great I mainly do shortish sessions and have tried to lighten up but apparently not enough yet and this looks pretty good for the money, I might just have to get one 👍

I carried my gear for years and then when I got into carping a couple of years ago it was impossible to carry, far too much gear to carry. 

So I bought the cheap barrow and it was one of my best buys ever for me. I don't have anything to compare it to but for me personally it's spot on. 👍

That'll do for me, if you want a high quality barrow I wouldn't get one of these rocwood ones tbh, the paint isn't great I reckon it will scratch up easily but I am not really fussy and I can get all my gear on it easily and loaded properly it should handle all I need to throw at it , I wouldn't say its the greatest build quality either but again it's pretty solid and shouldn't break, all in all I would say its a low quality but very functional barrow which I won't mind barging through brambles etc and if the paint gets too bad I will just Re do it myself, 

If I was spending up to £150 I would probably get a carp porter mk2 but at £46.99 this will do me as I will be able to get my kit around the lake in one trip and won't mind abusing it either 

You can fit a 17ltr square bucket In the carry bag and probably my waders too 

IMG_20190618_120457.jpg

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That'll do for me, if you want a high quality barrow I wouldn't get one of these rocwood ones tbh, the paint isn't great I reckon it will scratch up easily but I am not really fussy and I can get all my gear on it easily and loaded properly it should handle all I need to throw at it , I wouldn't say its the greatest build quality either but again it's pretty solid and shouldn't break, all in all I would say its a low quality but very functional barrow which I won't mind barging through brambles etc and if the paint gets too bad I will just Re do it myself, 

If I was spending up to £150 I would probably get a carp porter mk2 but at £46.99 this will do me as I will be able to get my kit around the lake in one trip and won't mind abusing it either 

You can fit a 17ltr square bucket In the carry bag and probably my waders too 

IMG_20190618_120457.jpg

I've had mine for around 12 months now with no issues, OK the build quality is not the best but at the end of the day it is a budget barrow and it does the job. Maybe if I'd had a more expensive one in the past I would feel differently about it but I haven't had anything to compare it to. 

All I know is it makes my fishing a lot easier. 👍 

1 hour ago, finchey said:

I've had mine for around 12 months now with no issues, OK the build quality is not the best but at the end of the day it is a budget barrow and it does the job. Maybe if I'd had a more expensive one in the past I would feel differently about it but I haven't had anything to compare it to. 

All I know is it makes my fishing a lot easier. 👍 

I totally agree will make my life easier too, its a solid bit of kit I was just telling it like it is really, it's a budget barrow with a few imperfections but that's why it's at the price it is, I still think there will be more expensive barrows that aren't anywhere near as useful, I am quite a practical person anyway so I can try and improve any issues I come across 

54 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I totally agree will make my life easier too, its a solid bit of kit I was just telling it like it is really, it's a budget barrow with a few imperfections but that's why it's at the price it is, I still think there will be more expensive barrows that aren't anywhere near as useful, I am quite a practical person anyway so I can try and improve any issues I come across 

I think the main change to this barrow should definitely be a larger wheel, I was thinking a 14" wheel would make it a lot easier pushing and give you that extra ground clearance. 👍 

Edited by finchey