Nash black ops?

Just wondered if anyone thinks this version is worth the extra money. And are the blanks a different material to the standard Sawn off Scopes? I know the rings are supposed to be a better quality, but for a six foot rod £220+ seems a lot compared with other rods about like Free Spirit and Harrison?  Just asking as i love the look of them in all honesty. 

Edited by Dicky123

Look on the bay of e.... scopes new are hideously expensive... my young padawan got one for a ton then he broke the tip on it... they are known for being a tad fragile... in all honesty you'll get a better product from free spirit... think it's called a tree creeper...? not sure... but it's a lovely rod... I have a pair of Dwarf 9' 2.75 lbs and there's not a great deal of difference between those and the same poundage and length in the scopes... pays yer money and takes yer choice

Blue.  I own several Scopes and love them to be honest, everyone has a unique playing action I like, from the 1.75 to the 3lb and 2lb swan off. But I just wondered if the blanks on the Black ops were better, or different. They should be for all that money. Thanks. Rich.

How much lighter is it compared to the standard saw off scope?  Are the blanks stiffer, or just the same, and is the blank profile thinner. How much weight difference would the high grade rings make overall? Are they less lightly to break due to the blank quality?  Thanks be great to know Nigellas at that price and as i cannot get to see one right now.😀😀

On 07/06/2019 at 14:42, Dicky123 said:

Just wondered if anyone thinks this version is worth the extra money. And are the blanks a different material to the standard Sawn off Scopes? I know the rings are supposed to be a better quality, but for a six foot rod £220+ seems a lot compared with other rods about like Free Spirit and Harrison?  Just asking as i love the look of them in all honesty. 

You could get the Freespirit Creeper for half the price - no brainer surely?

Oscsha.

No honest, I'm more thinking now about the standard Scope saw off 3lb 6' at £109. I really wanted to understand that if paid twice the price would I be getting twice the rod? I don't mind spending that much  if it's worth it, but it seems by all feedback from people that have seen them, they are not. However no-one seems to actually own one and felt it as your suggesting i should. Sadly no shops near me stock the blooming thing. Do you get my drift now buddy?

Rich.

1 hour ago, Dicky123 said:

Oscsha.

No honest, I'm more thinking now about the standard Scope saw off 3lb 6' at £109. I really wanted to understand that if paid twice the price would I be getting twice the rod? I don't mind spending that much  if it's worth it, but it seems by all feedback from people that have seen them, they are not. However no-one seems to actually own one and felt it as your suggesting i should. Sadly no shops near me stock the blooming thing. Do you get my drift now buddy?

Rich.

That’s the thing mate..... speak to someone who has actually used them and had experience of them😎

TBH if you have looked at the Sawn Off range, ask yourself if a Black Ops is worth £120 more for a bit less resin (lighter weight) and some fancy lightweight rings.... to my mind a lot of the Scope/lack ops stuff is a bit Emperors New Clothes.... (despite me owning a pair of Dwarf's)