On the bank for a few days!

Ginger9991

Well this looks set to be my last "session" before the baby drops, I will get some more work overnighters in but i have Thursday to Saturday to finally get my 2 target fish. Anyway, On this venue i tend to move between 2 or 3 swims on the same side of the bank but at opposite ends, each area doing me well but i have noticed over the last month or so alot of repeat captures. Now at 1 end of the lake theres a big island, from the side i usually fish its about 18 wraps and from the other is about 8 wraps, The short side i havent really liked fishing as it gives no view of the rest of the lake and if the fish are not in front of you your in trouble, its also the deepest part of the lake by a ft or 2. Now i have noticed when the sun gets up the fish tend to get round there and cruise around the top, So over the last week work overnighters i have fished round there. This has led me to catching fish i havent caught before and also consistantly catching (even though not as often as with the otherside).

so anyway over the few days that i will be there i plan to set up shop behind the island, Close the the island its inches deep dropping down to 7ft then to 11ft. I had some joy at 11ft this past overnighter....So im thinking that during the night i will fish down on the bottom of the shelf in 11ft of water and during the day i will either zig over the same spot of fish tighter to the island in shallow water depending on what i see. However im thinking if i go shallow i will move the next swim down so to "rest the spot a little".......Do people ever fish past the baited spot into shallower water? Do they have a problem with doing that? I feel that because there is such a difference in depth that my lines will be no where near the bait.....but the lines will still be there so maybe i should just cast left and right of the baited spot of move the rods down a peg..... Any thoughts on this?

It must be common to fish shallower during the day over and past baited areas and drop back down into deeper water in the evening?