Hello again all it's been a while

My quality baits order arrived today, really happy with it I got 2 types of pellet and some nice basemix to try, I am hoping for a dawn raid Monday before work so will let you know how it rolls when I get a chance to make some over the weekend, I've also ordered lots of little bits off eBay and a new lightweight sonik chair, I think it's safe to say I am getting hooked again :)

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

My quality baits order arrived today, really happy with it I got 2 types of pellet and some nice basemix to try, I am hoping for a dawn raid Monday before work so will let you know how it rolls when I get a chance to make some over the weekend, I've also ordered lots of little bits off eBay and a new lightweight sonik chair, I think it's safe to say I am getting hooked again :)

I havnt stopped spending for 6 months, looking at having some rods built now! 

On 16/02/2019 at 09:24, elmoputney said:

Thanks old school, still haven't got a sausage gun so will be manually ball making again this time, 

I'm going to try adding some stir fry oil to the mix this week 😬

is the water temperature high enough to use oil right now? i'm kind of worried that it's too cool as i've only used it in the summer before

Hi Pukka carp I'll be honest I don't know if it is too cold for it, although I haven't had any bites in 3 sessions :) might be a good idea to run a test though will pop one in a jar and leave it outside and see what happens with it

today was a good lesson though thought I did some things well and some not so well tbh I used my marker rod and found a couple of nice spots took a bit longer to hit them than I would like which probably didn't help my chances, one of my rigs came in a bit tangled so need to cure that, but the key one was not spending enough time fish spotting,locating  I'm getting closer to catching one though everytime I think, just need to fine tune, I did take some pics of a nice 24lb common though so was nice to see one on the bank 

Mixed up another batch of the base mix last night, I had 8 eggs and I think I should've used 7 added a little more basemix though as they were too sticky , I think I may be adding too much yeast into the mix as they seem to be proving quite a bit when in sausage form either that or make a thinner sausage to compensate :( added 10 more drops of squid though they flipping stink, still a work in progress but learning a little more each time , 

54 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Mixed up another batch of the base mix last night, I had 8 eggs and I think I should've used 7 added a little more basemix though as they were too sticky , I think I may be adding too much yeast into the mix as they seem to be proving quite a bit when in sausage form either that or make a thinner sausage to compensate :( added 10 more drops of squid though they flipping stink, still a work in progress but learning a little more each time , 

A lot of mixes expand after coming out of the bait gun, so smaller nozzles size I reckon for you.

If they are a bit sticky, give the rolling table a light dusting with base mix. You are probably doing it already, but make your sausages, finish the batch before you roll them in order of production. The first sausages should have stiffened and dried up enough to roll comfortably, but as said, may need a dusting, which actually helps preventing them from sticking together when boiling.

Another day another blank, I think silly season has begun loads of people there today, 

Not such an enjoyable one but I guess I learnt a bit more, just couldn't relax into it today got itchy feet and moved out of a swim that went on to produce a carp for someone else and just didn't really get it right, 

I might try some bait tweaks next time I am thinking changing flavour To a fruit and milk cocktail not feeling the squid If i am honest, I can't help wondering if by making my own these days I am putting myself at a disadvantage and should i be using more trendy baits that the fish will see plenty of, it's more challenging to create a bait that works I guess and also maybe I need to angle better once the two combine it will be ok, just plough on and pray, going to strip the mix back to bare minimal next time and tweak from there