Bivvy Fire

salokcinnodrog

I remember a story a few years back...

On Tuesday, 15th March 2016.Nicky Cliffe was fishing his local lake when at around 11pm someone decided to pour petrol over his bivvy and set it on fire whilst he was inside, luckily his son wasn't fishing with him on this occasion but he often does and thankfully he managed to get away unharmed. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about his bivvy, bed, luggage, terminal tackle etc, etc as they were all destroyed by the fire (pic shows what's left of his bed 😔). All he has left are his rods, reels and alarms that were by the waters edge.

remains are similar in a photo but wont let me put it on.

24 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

If someone's that cold that they need lit things in a tent , give up the night fishing, you ain't hardy enough 😂

I think i only sleep n hour or 2 always clothed in sleeping bag...or try a hotwater bottle.

On 09/01/2019 at 11:59, Highy said:

fair enough while your in it (with ventilation).

Didnt mean asleep...just to take chill off inside...5 mins or so.

But never leave it inside...after use i leave it outside to cool down and always take the gas cannister out/off...

• 1 month later...

Wow just seen this, he was quite lucky to get out of it, will make me think twice and be a lot more careful in the future , I know it's not so common now but smoking in bed is very dangerous also, I had been out for a heavy weekend many moons ago and decided to have one last Fag, promply fell asleep and ruined my carpet rug and carpet when it fell out my hand still alight, luckily I woke up in time with the smoke causibg me to cough but that would've been worse in a bivvy it wasn't that pleasant in a house btw, 

Has anyone approached the companies with regard to making there items more flame retardant it seems mad in this day and age that chairs etc arent fire resistant 

Edited by elmoputney